Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Mid Atlantic Mega Meet

Old 05-10-2005, 12:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white_S2000@16,May 10 2005, 01:31 PM
skip,
my comment was not dirrected at you or any one else it was a genralized comment.
Please accept my apologies then.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no hard feelings hear i would just like to see the mid-a s2k community to interact more with other communities. its a thought.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Why? Do they have children ages 10+, too? I got started late- age 26.

On a more serious note, what would kind of interaction would you like to see between online forums(I really get tired of answering the same question over and over and over, "Oh, you track? What do you run?" My response, "Road course track. Road course.") Because quite honestly, the Mid-A ain't what it used to be. It used to be a close-knit group, but in case you haven't noticed, there is a growing division in ownership. It's still "tight" as far as helping folks on the board though.

You've got the older owners- have owned their S's for some time. In this group age itself isn't really a factor because they all had the car when it first came out. They have the stories of all the fun drives and fewer participants. They also had to deal with all the TSB's and the heartache of finding someone to work on their babies.

Then you have the older, as refers to age, owners that have not had the car for a long time. Generally, they do not post often or make meets. They mostly lurk and are generally nice folks. They enjoy driving top down in the afternoons with their spouses/significant others.

Next group is the younger, by age, group that probably purchased the vehicle used and may or may not be still in school. Generally, these folks have purchased the car for a very different reason than the group above- mainly to impress friends or prospective significant others.

I've left a group or two out as I have neither the time nor eyesight right now to compile such a list. And to top it all off, with sooo many new owners the inevitable geographic split/groups have begun. Lifestyles differ greatly from each region withing the Mid-A regardless of age.

I'll be at SEMA next week(showing). I will not be there with an S2KI group. I'm sure I'll get all the interaction I can stand that weekend.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:05 AM

Well just so you all know the next meet is coming up on June 4th........ Let me know if you want to come and I will set you guys some room aside so you can park together
Old 05-17-2005, 08:12 AM

I want to attend where is the info
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

at the beginning of each page.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I still wouldn't mind checking the meet out. Just haven't had a chance to check out the others. Either been working or out of town.

As far as interaction, I think that at every meet that has been posted on the forums, Mid-A has been there, in some form. Also you have to image that a lot of owners were part of the other groups before and either they still hang with them or they don't. That's up to their experience.

I thought we went through this whole issue on the last page.

And from what I've seen, Skip tries to go to every meet that he can. He's all over the place.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:49 AM

i'll come to this next one... since i've heard some good things about the most recent one..
Old 05-17-2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nandska,May 17 2005, 12:47 PM
I still wouldn't mind checking the meet out. Just haven't had a chance to check out the others. Either been working or out of town.

As far as interaction, I think that at every meet that has been posted on the forums, Mid-A has been there, in some form. Also you have to image that a lot of owners were part of the other groups before and either they still hang with them or they don't. That's up to their experience.

I thought we went through this whole issue on the last page.

And from what I've seen, Skip tries to go to every meet that he can. He's all over the place.
I think you miss understood me... I want to park you all together because we have a set parking grid and we put like cars together. So that is what I meant,, and Skip is a great guy I would never say diff.

Anyway see you guys there...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:47 AM

In Case you need the info on the meet you can find it here,,,,, http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94296 or just go to GOOGLE or YAHOO and look up Mid Atlantic Mega Meet.

Quick Reply: Mid Atlantic Mega Meet