Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Mid Atlantic Mega Meet

Old 04-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, I don't remember you coming to any S gatherings. Even after meeting you and talking for almost an hour, did you not think I was real in my offerings to meet up?

Sorry if you didn't make it to Evolution's meet in March. There were many S's there and it wasn't an "S" meet. BTW, how many meets have you been to since February? Did you go to NOPI this past weekend? Were there no S's?

Before you start calling out some of us(because you have lumped me into this) as "elitists," I ask that you be more specific. I don't appreciate it. I've said it a million times, Honda is not the end-all, be-all. BTW, I sometimes hang with a club down here when time permits... definitely not an S2000 group. But they are good people nonetheless.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and it is all about 'good people'
Old 04-12-2005, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oops. Sorry. Posted in wrong thread.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 04-12-2005, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Apr 12 2005, 09:47 AM
Funny, I don't remember you coming to any S gatherings. Even after meeting you and talking for almost an hour, did you not think I was real in my offerings to meet up?

Sorry if you didn't make it to Evolution's meet in March. There were many S's there and it wasn't an "S" meet. BTW, how many meets have you been to since February? Did you go to NOPI this past weekend? Were there no S's?

Before you start calling out some of us(because you have lumped me into this) as "elitists," I ask that you be more specific. I don't appreciate it. I've said it a million times, Honda is not the end-all, be-all. BTW, I sometimes hang with a club down here when time permits... definitely not an S2000 group. But they are good people nonetheless.
First off Skip that was not intended to piss off anyone, But I am not talking about Nopi and shows I am talking about meets. But that is besides the point like J said its about the people. We talked for about an hour that day and you seemed cool and I thought your very sincere about the offer to meet up and what not but my work schedule did not permit. Just like you I have kids and I travel allot because of work and never did make it to any of the S2K meets. I think it would have been nice but>>>>.

I do not want to turn this into a all I am trying to do is to get this event going well enough to get the permit cleared for next year. This event is one of the only legal public meets in the area. plus it is non profit and offers kids a way to get to see cars that they would not be able to unless they pay a fee to get into a show like Nopi and others. Is that not why you said you were not coming because someone would jack your car again????? Thats I guess is were I got I know you are a good guy and that you are still pissed about your car. But look at your car now>>>>>> <<<<<< This meet I am talking about is a non profit meet. We are trying to turn it into a good thing and a way for kids to stay out of trouble. I was just looking for a little more support from the S2Ki group.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 AM

I would just like to get you guys out there. I loved my S and think they are one of the best looking cars arround...
Old 04-14-2005, 09:34 AM

loved?

Where exactly is this place. How far from baltimore?

Anthony
Old 04-14-2005, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by cytokin,Apr 14 2005, 01:34 PM
loved?
Yup. I believe he just sold it recently.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 04-14-2005, 10:33 AM

I'll be there.. rolling with the Capital RSX peeps down from our Seneca State Park BBQ
Old 04-14-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by marshallbc,Apr 12 2005, 08:27 AM
just seems that the S2ki crew is a very tight group of people that do not like to mix. That is one of the reasons I sold my S.

I would just like to see the group open up and let other S2K owners in and actually try and get involved in the import sport compact world and not just the S2000 world. I love the S2000 and plan on buying a new one in fall of 06. But as for now it just seems that you all stay to your selves with exception for a few.
Wow.. this statement must be the statement of the year. So translated this means "I sold my S because I think that S2000 owners are too tight with each other to mingle with other car folks..... but I'm going to buy another one in the fall of 06 because with my actions as this great organizer, will change that S2000 snootiness, and there will be peace on earth."

Sorry to bust your bubble, but there are alot of us in Mid-A that hang with alot of different people. If you have to hang with someone because of the type of car you and your cohorts drive.. wow.. that's lame. I can only speak for myself, but I could care less if you (not you literally, but people in general) own a S or not. I'm going to be friendly and hang out with people if they are friendly, not because they own a S.

Just to let you know, Dylan and I were one of the S2000's that did show up last time. One thing to remember is that, alot of S2000 owners are of an older age, and really don't have that much in common with younger kids. Maybe that's why they don't go out to some of these meets. It's not because they are snooty. It's because they don't have that much in common. Just my $.02.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by marshallbc,Apr 12 2005, 08:27 AM
No I think that it would be nice to see some of the Mid Atlantic S2KI members step out side the box of "SA2000" and go to some meets that are for all cars. The last time I saw a S2000 at a non S2000 S2KI meet was me in mine in Feb. just seems that the S2ki crew is a very tight group of people that do not like to mix. That is one of the reasons I sold my S. I am now in the position to make things different and I am going to try. We are not trying to have a ricer meet but we are not going to turn them away.

I would just like to see the group open up and let other S2K owners in and actually try and get involved in the import sport compact world and not just the S2000 world. I love the S2000 and plan on buying a new one in fall of 06. But as for now it just seems that you all stay to your selves with exception for a few.
maybe you weren't accepted cause you never showed up to any of the meet that we (mid-atlantic) community organized?? so the fact that you weren't accepted was all your fault and not ours.....

i for one have only had my car a little over a year.. and i've been accepted by the mid a community and i chill with a few people on here on a regular basis (away from car meets/gatherings)

and i know a few others that have also.... naveed and tom, just to name a couple.... shoot. naveed has only been here for like a month.. and he probably knows more people in this community then you do....

all you need to do is mingle with us, come to the meets (we) organize, come to our happy hours, and ACTUALLY post in this forum and contribute to the community.....

and as for going to other meets.... peter and i pretty much make every single one that we can... and well we came to your last one in umm march... and well... to be honest... 1. it was very poorly organized (wasn't anything like you mentioned it would be) 2. a lot of the people there were kids 3. if you looked around everyone was gathered among eachother as it is..... (all the vw people were together, all the srt4 people were together yada yada and they only mingled among themselves)

Quick Reply: Mid Atlantic Mega Meet