Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Keep _+1 in your prayers, please.

Old 09-21-2003, 08:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Keep _+1 in your prayers, please.

Janet has been at the emergency room since 4:30 pm today.

They say her symptoms point to menigitis, but are not sure yet. Honestly, I don't know much about it. I know she is pretty tough when it comes to not complaining about pain. Well, she couldn't hide it the last day or two... the painful headaches. I was at the hospital until 9 pm and then her mom came to be with her while I brought the children home. Now I sit and wait for the phone calls every hour.

Sorry to dump on y'all, but this community is like an extended family for us.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear it skip, hope all is well!

~Andrew
Old 09-21-2003, 10:32 PM

Hey Skip~ Just saw Steve and he gave me a quick and short brief, we are both at our Hosp tonight. If you need ANYTHING I hope you know you can count on me. Ill get updates from Steve.
Take care Skip, and give the kids and Janet a *hug* for me.

~April
Old 09-22-2003, 03:18 AM

Old 09-22-2003, 03:35 AM

very sorry to hear about that skip. A buddy of mine recently had bacterial metengitis which is similar but a little different. It is tough to deal with but i know that she will be a able pull through it, and same goes for me, if you need anything at all let my know my cell is 301-370-7533. best wishes to you and janet

~Mikey Mike
Old 09-22-2003, 04:55 AM

I hope she gets better soon.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Janet is in our prayers Skip. She'll fight it

- Dave & Taska
Old 09-22-2003, 05:59 AM

Skip - Janet is in my prayers as well. I'm sure she'll be on her way to a speedy recovery. If there's anything I can do to help, please give me a call on my cell. I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to keep your "extended family" informed. We're here for ya.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay... sorry for the delayed response, but I'm sure you all understand. After al the tests and what-not, they released her and she got home via my mother-in-law around 2:30 am. I know I sometimes bag on the mom-in-law, but she really helped out by allowing me to take the children home.

Diagnosis: debilitating migraine. It's not a good thing, but it could have been worse. She doesn't remember coming home. I was up a couple of times with her before heading out to have the prescriptions filled this morning. She just was able to take in some broth and water without triggering any vomitting.

I've never had a migraine, let alone a bad one. Janet is a trooper and will be back up to speed in a couple of days. Thank you all so very much for expressing your concerns. I told her about the thread and she gave me that look. I told her it was ok. "Not everyone likes me, but they all like you," I said... told her it was because she always cooks for you guys/gals when you come over!!!

I am very relieved that it wasn't anything worse, but I am learning how crippling a "headache" can be. Perhaps my avatar causes her too much stress. Again, that you for your concerns and prayers. I honestly feel I could call anyone of you(that I have #'s for). You all are "family." And to the guy that I talked to for nearly 30 minutes last night, thank you again.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:11 AM

Hey Skip, I'm glad Janet was able to come home . Hope that migraine goes away real soon!

- Mikey

Quick Reply: Keep _+1 in your prayers, please.