Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Just A Rant

Old 08-21-2003, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sometimes drive with my top up for the above reasons. But I also agree it should be down when you can put it down. I've also noticed that Z3 and miata owners get it merely for looks.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by heath389
[B]Sorry this is driving me crazy....

WHY BUY A CONVERTIBLE AND DRIVE WITH THE TOP UP?
Old 08-22-2003, 04:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

LT- We all have those days when you want to drive the car(we have 3 to choose from: the S2000 is by far the coolest), but feel like you're on auto-pilot. I drive I-95 almost daily. Some days I simply "go-with-the-flow," no music, no VTEC. But I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with age(coming up on 37 :gulp: ).

Or maybe it does. Maybe it has something to do with where I'm from prior to coming to this area- southwest Arizona. A person tends to take for granted that he/she will she the sun pretty much everyday. Now that we're here and have our first convertible, we take almost every opportunity to soak up the sun... especially after this past winter. Sometimes I believe I brought on last year's weather BECAUSE I bought a convertible!!! BTW, it is a proven fact that while excessive UV rays may be(are) harmful, we do need those same rays. It affects people's dispositions. The effects of UV deprivation can be rather real. My first three years here, I suffered through S.A.D. systoms during the winter time. That was further complicated by the fact that I work in a basement.

Am I one of those who would bag on somebody I knew for not having the top down on a nice day? You betcha! But if you know me, I will always find something to cut-up with, whether it be on you or me. That's just me. I spent 3 years living in the barracks where I refined my verbal warfare tactics. And I had a "close-aged" sister as well. She's still close in age.

One last "rant." Every time I talk to people about ghost flaming(true ghost flames) my S2000, I get the usual and from many of the other owners. You know what? That just makes me want to do it more. I, too, don't like to be told what I should do. Anyone wanna lend me the money to get it done sooner than I will be able to do it on my own funding? No one?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally posted by FF2Skip
But I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with age(coming up on 37 :gulp: ).
People actually LIVE to be that old???!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:03 AM

Yeah I think the SLK is a perfect convertible too. Conbertible hardtop.. awesome.. but I dont like the SLK. I would never buy one. Now if there was a M3 hardtop convertible, oh man, it would be one of the "supercars" in my definition.

I NEVER drive with the top down on my morning commute, because I dont feel like it. With the rush hour traffic and tryin to have my coffee and rowing through the gears in the morning, I am not in the mood to drop my top. Now on the way home or off to chill after work, I drive top down all the time, unless its raining. I do this mostly because I don't want to get into an accident. The views and the blind spot with the top up is so restrictive.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to agree with LT. just because we can, doesn't mean we have to.. some days, you just don't feel like it. It can be warm out, but the humidity is just a killer. you feel all sticky. and when it gets to be in the upper 90's, i think it is just way too hot to have the top down.

I have noticed that i leave my top up during the normal work days, and top down at night. feels so much better...
Old 08-22-2003, 08:58 AM

NO ONE FORCES ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING... IT WAS JUST MY OPINION

Old 08-22-2003, 09:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by heath389
[B]
Old 08-22-2003, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keeping the top up allows us to stay dry when people go spitting around....
Old 08-22-2003, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by dkhl
keeping the top up allows us to stay dry when people go spitting around....
... are you referring to the seagull that dumped on my head! 'Cause that wasn't funny!

But, it's funny now!

Quick Reply: Just A Rant