Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Just got back from Star Wars III

Old 05-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Dr. Dave

You do have some good points about the demise of Annakin. I think I was taking everything at face value, but I still want to see it again.

Going to check out that link on Grevious now....
Old 05-23-2005, 02:42 AM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

So then, what is the true identity of Count Duku and where did he go?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 367,May 21 2005, 07:24 AM
It seems some die hard Star Wars fans are feeling depressed as there is nothing to look forward to now. What do you all say to that?
They will just fall on their light sabers

My questions weren't so in depth (I was 14 when I first saw it).
1. What made Darth Vader turn to the dark side?
2. Why was Luke skywalker banished to no-wheres-ville and Lea got to be a princess?

Of course it didn't answer the question of why Yoda uses a cane. During a fight, he's jumping all over the place tossing around huge objects with the force. After the fight he's hobbling along using the cane.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 367,May 23 2005, 06:42 AM
So then, what is the true identity of Count Duku and where did he go?
I'm not sure what you mean by this

Dooku was originally a Jedi who was Yoda's direct Padawan learner. He was switched to the Dark Side by Palpatine/Darth Sidius/the Emperor sometime after Darth Maul was killed in Episode I.

Many people are confused by the timeline in Episodes I through III because Episodes IV through VI were almost immediate. There is a 10 year jump between Episode I and II and at least a 1 year jump between II and III - so there was 10 years for Palpatine to convert Dooku to the Dark Side - this was when he went from Jedi Master Dooku to Count Dooku.

If you've seen Episode III then you'd know exactly where Dooku goes
Old 05-23-2005, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so confused, I was more of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan
Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. some great added info in this thread.. although nothing i didn't already know I think its interesting after watching 1-3 how it shifts the focus of 4-6 to Vader.. its all about Vader....
Old 05-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I would like to add. At the end of III when the Emporer blatantly tells Vader he killed Padme instead of telling him she died during child birth, I think that was the end all be all of him at that point. I think thats why he seems so relentless and cold during the other movies from that point on, he had nothing to really be good for anymore, she was his soul reason. I wonder if at some point he finds out what really happen and is resentful at the Emporer for his lies and that is what helps him find the good side to destroy the Emporer in Jedi. I'm sure that if you look at like .. well if he hadn't joined the dark side then Padme would not have been so depressed and lost her will to live.. so inadverntly and non-directly he did actually kill her, but it all revolves around the emperor and his seduction of Vader. In the end the Jedi were more powerful, they did cheat death ..... Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Annakin, and Yoda all were able to come back as spirits and help Luke, where as there was no reference at any point to the Sith being able to do this.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,May 23 2005, 09:50 AM
Dooku was originally a Jedi who was Yoda's direct Padawan learner. He was switched to the Dark Side by Palpatine/Darth Sidius/the Emperor sometime after Darth Maul was killed in Episode I.
I'd learned from that previously linked site that the history of Dooku shifting to the Dark Side was rather complicated...

"...He was the master of Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi's old teacher. Dooku had been a Jedi for many years, and his bust was displayed in the Jedi Archives, along with the rest of the Lost Twenty, the only Jedi ever to resign their commission from the Jedi order. Dooku left the order around the time of the Battle of Naboo and retook his family title as Count of Serenno....Though the circumstances under which Dooku left the Jedi are still a mystery (according to wide speculation, the death of his former apprentice Qui-Gon Jinn is a major factor). It is also unknown exactly how or when Dooku first came into contact with Darth Sidious, the mysterious Dark Lord of the Sith (and master of Darth Maul, who slew Jinn), but Dooku somehow fell to the Dark Side of the Force and became the next Sith Apprentice, Darth Tyranus.

As Darth Tyranus, Dooku recruited the mercenary Jango Fett to become a template for the Clone Army later to be used by Chancellor Palpatine and the Republic. Ten years later, Count Dooku came out of hiding, appearing on Raxus Prime and heavily criticized the Republic and the Jedi Order for their decadence, hypocrisy and corruption. The mastermind Dooku publicly called for entire systems to secede from the Republic and join the Separatist movement, culminating in the formation of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The first meeting of the CIS was hosted on the planet Geonosis, where Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured by the Geonosians and accused of espionage. Dooku cleverly claimed that he had no power over the decision."

...and it goes on-and-on-and-on... Seriously, Lucas' ability to weave a story...*SERIOUSLY* w-e-a-v-e...is impressive. And that is just one character (not even fully fleshed out) among innumerable characters and storylines.

One day, inevitably, Earth will be [nearly] destroyed by its own cancer (us humans)... Those remaining will have probably forgotten the Bible and the Koran...but they'll remember some timeless story about rebels and light sabers and good vs. evil. And those that survive their own holocaust will build a religion...The Force...