Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

I've done it again...

Old 04-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy I've done it again...

....but, I lied

It is tough working at a car dealership and loving cars. You've got to see all the cool stuff every day, talk about them everyday, and well....you get the picture. It is even worse when you're a habitual car buyer working on a car lot.

Anyway, there have been some really cool new cars lately: BMW 135i, BMW M3, M Coupe, Audi TT, Jaguar XF, all the special edition Porsches, and then there are the cars coming out in the next two years: S2000 replacement, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Toyota Supra, 911 upgrades, etc. It is tough keeping one's hands away from the wallet! Up until today I did a pretty good job avoiding all the fun stuff and just driving the Landcruiser.....which is now for sale

To make a long story longer, I had to help one of our managers at one of our stores (name of the store will remain undisclosed till the end of the story), and had to park next to one of those cool new cars. Then, as luck would have it, the car was also in plain view of that manager's office. The little bastard (the car - not the manager) just kept staring at me the whole time. It kept saying: "Alex - drive me" and I could have sworn it winked at me. Laying on the manager's desk were the keys to that taunting bastard of a car, and my self-control just melted. I had to drive it.

5 miles later I was picking colors and options I didn't place the order just then, but left to head back to my office. After hopping back in the Landcruiser and taking the same drive I just test drove on, I decided it was time to get back into a fun car....one that is more acclimated to my current lifestyle. I called the manager and told him to put my name next on the order list.

Then it started raining, and because the car has Quattro (there's a hint) I had to give it a good thrashing in the wet. It was even more fun in the rain. Audi's do really well in rough weather .....so, you've read this far.....I have my order in on a 2009 Audi A5 Tiptronic with Premium Package, Nav, Sirius, 19" Y-design wheels, and font license plate delete covered in black paint with black leather. It should be here between July and August and I can't wait!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very cool

Why didn't you go with the V8 S5? Either way, it's a badass car!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Alex, haven't heard from you in a while.

I must say, nice purchase! Of course it's no S2000, but still pretty sweet

Anyone want to take wagers on how long Alex takes to sell this one and buy something else to make us all jealous?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

A5's are sexy.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 PM

I've been saying for years that audi should make a coupe, then they finally did it, and did it right. Good choice for car and color! Nothing like black on black
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 AM

nice choice.

have you thought about mods yet?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Rich People

Alex

Next Spring there will be a great used car deal on a A5 I predict
Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 AM

Congrats! I test drove the S5 before ordering my 335i coupe. Audi certainly stepped up their game with the bringing their almost complete family stateside. You will be happy, enjoy!

Tony
Old 04-13-2008, 07:21 AM

Congrats Alex
Old 04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22,Apr 12 2008, 10:16 PM
Why didn't you go with the V8 S5? Either way, it's a badass car!
I didn't see a need to spend an extra $7,000 (the difference in how I would equip it). The A5 has plenty of power for me, and I also like the idea of slightly better gas mileage.

Yes, I seem to have gone to a 1 year or less car rotation schedule....also why I stopped leasing them. Figure next summer there could be an A5 for sale

Ric - with the 19" gunmetal "Y" wheels it doesn't need to be lowered. I also got every music source covered, except the sound upgrade (I think the standard Audi system is pretty good - beats the hell out of the Landcruiser ), so no need to do anything in there. I am definitely going to tint the windows and do some serious Zaino mods, but I don't foresee anything else. Someone mentioned the offsets are probably pretty sick, but for $900 to Audi for a wheel upgrade versus the $3,500 it would probably cost me on a set of aftermarket wheels I like it was kind of a no-brainer.

Here's my gangsta configuration....which is pretty exact:

Quick Reply: I've done it again...