Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Insurance of OTHER covering mods/accident thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:50 AM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Wow just saw the pics. Ouch. Cant really tell how everyone ended up like they did in the pics. Red truck was against you and white car was with you?

Anyways, looks like you are getting everything taken care of.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluezeke,Nov 17 2007, 12:50 PM
Wow just saw the pics. Ouch. Cant really tell how everyone ended up like they did in the pics. Red truck was against you and white car was with you?

Anyways, looks like you are getting everything taken care of.
story is in the response with the pics
Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM

UPDATE:

SPORT BODY SHOP =

i went to the sport body shop today for the second time, and for the second time they treated me very discourteously. the first time they would not let me see my car and yelled at me like i was a child (i know they have insurance reasons, but the manager can take you down there--he did it before), so i just owned them and left as i didn't have much time that day. today, the manager and 2 other workers were standing around the front desk and after i waited there for about 10 minutes, they said they didn't see me standing there. they told me the car was taken to Sport Honda this morning. after owning them for the second time, i made my way over to Sport Honda where i met my usual mechanic, Jeff.

Jeff had a look at the car and talked to me for about 15 minutes on his opinion of the work the body shop did. after closely inspecting the car, we found that the left rear quarter panel was not aligned right at all. it was lower than the trunk and left a huge gap between the panel and the headlight. the rear bumper was not aligned well with the trunk. i know it'll be a while before they straighten it out because they need to cut/re-weld. also, my top is now deformed and looks ugly (i guess from being in the heat of the paint booth?). it's sad because unlike most other owners, i've never had any problems with my top whatsoever.

the good thing is, they did a good job on the actual paint, and they painted all of my car/took out the dings except for the front bumper (which they will be repainting anyway because the insurance has agreed to pay for it--the tow truck damaged it when removing my car from the accident scene).

i'm also still awaiting the arrival of my Work Emotion wheel from Work in Japan because apparently they don't stock the +42 offset i have on the rear. they say it should be here in early January.

also once again, i HIGHLY recommend Jeff at Sport Honda. he's honest, and he's just a great guy to talk to and just ask for his opinions, he knows what he's doing, and he really cares about not just fixing your car, but fixing your car RIGHT and to YOUR satisfaction.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I've never had a problem with Sport Body shop. Took my old civic there multiple times, and always did top notch work
Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Roflcopter,Dec 10 2007, 06:59 PM
I've never had a problem with Sport Body shop. Took my old civic there multiple times, and always did top notch work
they were actually highly recommended to me by someone who takes his show Camaro to them. Jeff at Sport told me that they have 2 guys there who are really good, and the rest not so much. he said it's a hit or miss as to whether or not you'll get good work done to your car there. but even if they did do a better job, i wouldn't take it back to them solely because of the nasty attitudes of not only the person at the front desk, but the guy who works in the office and even the manager. the only time they ever really acted the way an employee should act toward a customer was when i decided to verbally own them. the ownage should NOT be necessary.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you said own(age) one to many times lol...sorry for the misfortune, where is Sport Honda?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by sparrow,Dec 11 2007, 09:44 AM
I think you said own(age) one to many times lol...sorry for the misfortune, where is Sport Honda?
the dealership where they sell cars and do mechanical repairs is on Briggs Chaney Road near Rt. 29. the body shop is on Old Gunpowder near 95 and 198.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when my CF hood got keyed they paid for a new CF hood.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:39 PM

after inspecting my car closely in sunlight, i submitted a fax to Sport Body Shop letting them know what i'm not happy with and what needs to be fixed. they said "it will all be taken care of," so i'm wondering if they're going to get me a new pack of blue Work lugs, as they stripped a lot of the color off of mine...i left specific instructions for them to use a torque wrench and not air tools on my lugs. Jeff @ Sport Honda originally mounted my wheels on the tires and put them on my car, and left my Work lugs without a hint of wear. i also removed the lugs 3 times and didn't leave much sign of wear...dumbasses.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Dec 19 2007, 05:39 PM
after inspecting my car closely in sunlight, i submitted a fax to Sport Body Shop letting them know what i'm not happy with and what needs to be fixed. they said "it will all be taken care of," so i'm wondering if they're going to get me a new pack of blue Work lugs, as they stripped a lot of the color off of mine...i left specific instructions for them to use a torque wrench and not air tools on my lugs. Jeff @ Sport Honda originally mounted my wheels on the tires and put them on my car, and left my Work lugs without a hint of wear. i also removed the lugs 3 times and didn't leave much sign of wear...dumbasses.
Not sure if you've seen these or not. Something like this might be a good idea for the bling lugs.

http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/4226%20...t%20Socket.aspx

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Quick Reply: Insurance of OTHER covering mods/accident thread