Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Insurance of OTHER covering mods/accident thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=nightcrawler7188,Nov 11 2007, 07:57 AM] yeah my back just hurt a little, but it was nothing really.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah i plan to get it checked out tuesday

haha thanks for the concern
Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The at-fault company wants to settle as quickly as possible in an attempt to get off without incurring add'l costs, i.e. medical, nonapparent structural damage, etc. Do not accept any payment that might constitute a settlement or final payment.

From experience, control arms can be bent and still yield "ok" alignment specs. The car's suspension parts crumble/bend very easily. This is a good thing for passenger safety.

Sorry to hear. Been there.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Nov 11 2007, 03:44 PM
The at-fault company wants to settle as quickly as possible in an attempt to get off without incurring add'l costs, i.e. medical, nonapparent structural damage, etc. Do not accept any payment that might constitute a settlement or final payment.

From experience, control arms can be bent and still yield "ok" alignment specs. The car's suspension parts crumble/bend very easily. This is a good thing for passenger safety.

thanks for the advice. i thought about this before. i was wondering how a rep could come out to my house and look at the car and write a check just based on what they see. i'll be sure not to finalize anything too soon.

thanks again
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Nov 11 2007, 11:44 AM

with Skip. Cuz once it's settled. It's settled
Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by T-BONE-SR,Nov 11 2007, 05:14 PM
with Skip. Cuz once it's settled. It's settled
i know that there is a good chance of frame damage. so what should i do to ensure that they don't write a check for cosmetic and other visible damage without doing a thorough diagnosis to confirm how much they need to give me? i plan on replacing the right rear suspension on my own, then taking it somewhere to get the body work done. is this a bad idea? i've messed with suspensions before and it seems pretty straightforward. am i wrong? also i'm 99% sure there's damage to my rear right axle. does this mean that there is damage to the differential as well?

thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I seriously doubt there is damage to the axle or diff. I've hit an immovable object at speed directly on the wheel perpendicular to the wheel/axle/diff.

An insurance company, while pleasant at first, is still in the business to pay as little as possible. Unless you are a certified ASE mechanic, they will not take your word on the extent of damage... and with good reason. Most likely you will have to take it to a shop if only for the estimate. What happens most times though is supplements are issued. If a shop only does the estimate for you and you accept it, the insurance company will pay that amount only. You'd have no recourse thereafter.

By all means, get items fixed that you are entitled to. Heavens knows I am still replacing bent parts from my off in 2004 that were not caught. The money has been paid out of my own pocket. But please, do not talk about the possibility of getting things swapped out that are not caused the unfortunate accident. Not saying you are, but our community has gone down that road before, and it's pathetic.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 PM

i'm not at all looking to get extra items fixed--i'm just looking to get my current stuff replaced . the most crooked thing i plan to do is get reimbursed for the ings rear and repair the current one

i really want to take it to a shop i know to get the estimate done, but the guy on the phone hinted more than once that an adjuster would come out and cut a check on the spot. maybe i misunderstood him... i really hope they're not going to try that
Old 11-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Nov 10 2007, 11:30 PM
to the 2 S2000s that passed by and saw the damage.
I was in the GPW AP2. That Randolph/Montrose stretch always makes me nervous... people are crazy around there. Good luck with the repairs, man.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nortune,Nov 11 2007, 08:38 PM
I was in the GPW AP2. That Randolph/Montrose stretch always makes me nervous... people are crazy around there. Good luck with the repairs, man.
thanks for that sad smile and nod you gave me

Quick Reply: Insurance of OTHER covering mods/accident thread