Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

I NEED AN OPINION ON TRANNY NOISE: who works/lives in the Reston area?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RazorV3
Old 04-26-2004, 06:16 PM

Chris make sure you get a ride from sean if he lets you when you take your car to rosenthal, his car is faaaaaaaaaaaaasssstt.
sean the whole rest of the day i was telling all my freinds about how damn quick your car was!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:26 PM

Received 520 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally posted by ciccone376

matt_inva (Matt): i would still like to meet up with you and see if your noise is the same as mine. When are you available?
Perhaps this Sunday, 2 May in the late afternoon or early evening (before 7:00 PM). Let me know if that works for you and where you may want to meet? I am thinking that we could meet somewhere in the middle perhaps at the Center for Innovative Technology (Mad Hatter Building as it is called) or at the Hilton on RT 28 & McClearon Road (Across from Dulles just south of the tank farm on RT 28.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:31 AM

Matt-INVA
the Center for Innovative Tech works fine. Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number so we can coordinate.

thanks
Chris
Old 04-29-2004, 07:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jstar
Old 04-30-2004, 04:25 AM

ok update:

I met with Shaun at Rosenthal yesterday...he has a FAAAASSSST S2000. thanks for the Ride.

Shaun seemed to think my noise was common, but his car didn't make it, and to be honest the area we drove and distance we covered didn't make the noise too prevelant.

So anyway..get this while driving home from work yesterday, the noise I have now happens outside the 3-4K RPM range as well. i can get it to occur at low speed driving at about 2500RPM and also right above 4K.

My friend that drove with me to work today can clearly hear the noise and said he thinks he hears it more from the front of the car, not the center, which I believe also.

this is starting to piss me off:-)

Chris
Old 04-30-2004, 05:17 AM

is it kind of like a metallic resonating noise? if so, it could be that the clutch system was properly installed from the factory, like a loose pressure plate or clutch disk not torqued down to spec.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:14 AM

yes it is like a hollow metallic resonating noise. My friend described it as a 'wind howling' type of noise but with a mechanical twinge.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:49 AM

UPDATE AS OF: 5-4-04

Car was taken to the dealer yesterday, a new dealer. Of course it was raining like a bitch, which didn't help in hearing the noise. But the mechanic did get a chance to see when it occured and didn't feel it was normal. They kept the car and are diagnosing the problem, calling the Honda tech line etc.

EDIT: 11:20am. The service manager actually called me to update me! Holy crap, they never do that. They said they are going to hook up the mad doctor stethascope to the car and do some tests based on what Honda Techline told them. The car was kept on a lift in the garage all night and they are 'babying' it. hmmm:-)
Kudos for calling me and giving me the warm fuzzy (probably while they fix the dents:-) J/K

later
Chris
Old 05-05-2004, 05:45 AM

UPDATE: 5-5-04

the dealer (Rosenthal) could not find the cause of the noise. they talked with Honda Tech line, but the areas Honda asked them to look at where fine. They said mechanically the car was perfect and they could not identify what was causing the noise. I had them document the situation, document that the car was mechanically fine as well as document that the car was fully stock. This way if I have to go back and have an exhaust they cannot say the problem ws caused by the exhaust.

For Rosenthals part, Alex of the Silver team, was excellent, he kept my car safe, called me with updates and was prompt. Kudos to him

I'll keep everyone posted if this goes any further.

Now bring on my invidia!

later
Chris

Quick Reply: I NEED AN OPINION ON TRANNY NOISE: who works/lives in the Reston area?