Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

I Hate Cops!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not pulling the racist card I dont know I'm just annoyed that today since the dmv was closed I was not able to pick up my license and now i have a chance of losing it again over something completely stupid. whatever I'm sick of this, and distrought.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, clarify something for me. What reason did he give for pulling you over? Other then you acting suspicious by "dunking" into neighborhoods then pulling back out to pass him again? And your friend being drunk is not illegal because he was NOT driving.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 PM

wow, at first i thought he had renamed the other thread. Then i read a little further and realiized that he got pulled over for the same damn thing that he got pulled over for two days ago!

Honestly man, as others have said. Regardless of whether you feel it's right or not, the simple fact is you should not have been driving ANYWHERE other than to work. There is no gray area to a restricted license, either you are doing what you are allowed to or you are in the wrong. Period, end of discussion.

You screwed up. Take it like a man and don't repeat the mistake this time. If you continuously get pulled over for the same stupid reason, then maybe you are just stupid. Either way regardless of the cop's conduct being uneccesarily rude and abusive, he was absolutely right for ticketing you. You're lucky he didn't lock your ass up and tow the car.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM

Did you have your work schedule with you like your lawyer said?

If thats what your lawyer told you, you should have explained that calmly to the officer and showed him your work schedule. Pulling into the neighborhood is dumb because now you have no excuse to say you were actually going to work -- you pulled into a residential neighborhood, so unless you're a maid or something you've got no leg to stand on to say you were going to work.

And like others have said, your restricted license was for driving to work and home only. Its not meant to drive your friends home -- regardless of where they live. If he lives so close to work, you could have driven him to work and then had him find his own ride home -- or just left him at your house.

I personally am not a fan of the police in this area in general. But, laws are laws. Restricted licenses are a favor to you so you don't lose your job b/c your license is suspended. By violating the restricted license you're probably looking at a suspended license now.

Forget the fact that today was your completion date. If you didn't have a full license to drive, you shouldn't have driven.

If you do the crime, you have to do the time
Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by youngcow,Apr 13 2008, 01:58 PM
that's exactly what I did, and he took advantage of that! he screamed in my face, and searched my car
I'm confused....

You knew you were going to get pulled over. Why? Because you were doing something wrong?

You were driving your friend to home because he'd been drinking on a restricted license that only allows for home/work commuting during the timeframe.
You were ducking in and out of neighborhoods TRYING TO AVOID THE COP.

Of course this cop is going to be curious about that behaviour and pull you over!!!!

As for being pissed about the search..

Dude, from you write up........you gave him permission!!!!

, anyone?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:47 PM

NOVA guys......
Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Only 2 (not including OP) out of the 15 people posting in this thread are from NoVA. What about us?
Old 04-13-2008, 03:04 PM

i feel bad for you man, sucks but if me i would of waited a bit longer in that first neighborhood before heading out =(
Old 04-13-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm from NOVA.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM

wa wa wa... you got pulled over on a restricted license and you got caught. Who cares that it was only a 5 minute stop from your restriction? Apparently the police officer did. And the police officer did his job and gave you a violation summons because you violated the terms of your restricted license. Now you ask why the State Trooper didnt give you a ticket and this fine officer did? Because he could, that's why. Too bad, so sad. Go cry a river. Actually, go out and drive. Maybe you can get another summons while giving rides to your friends again. boo-freakin-hoo.

Quick Reply: I Hate Cops!