Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

I Hate Cops!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though it was 5 miles out of the way, you were in the wrong. From your side of the story it did seem that the yelling was unnesseary. However you have to realize that you were in the wrong. With the terms of your driving privileges you have no reason to be mad since you were in the wrong for the ticket. Misconduct of the police is a different thing, however do not think that for one second that this is a race thing. I dislike people that hang their hat on "race this and race that", you were in the wrong, live up to it. Stop driving when you should not and you will not have these problems. This is the only advice I can give.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Apr 13 2008, 11:44 AM
but if the story is accurate, his yelling and insults were definitely uncalled for. once a Montgomery County cop did the same thing to me and I civilly asked if it was necessary for him to be using that kind of language. He calmed down and let me go with a polite "drive safe, ok?"

Next time just act calm and polite. 99% of police will treat you back with the same respect.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's exactly what I did, and he took advantage of that! he screamed in my face, and searched my car
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

even if I was in the wrong I wasnt doing anything too serious, today is the day I get my license back, and just because the dmv isnt open I get napped for it. takin a drunk friend home and going to work, I see no problem in that, If state troopers let me go why cant fairfax county let me go? It wasnt something like driving while I was drunk, or in and out the lane, or speeding, or anything freakin ridculous I was just driving a friend home and going to work. cops bend the rules many times and I'm sure u all know that, I dont believe that this situation is THAT serious that on the DAY I get my license back, that it gets taken away for something that isnt serious, yes it may be wrong but it wasnt something like driving while drunk and fighting for it. Sunday's I was told I'm allowed to drive to work, on top of that I get my license today, the restricted is invalid. no I'm not using the race card even thou the cop was probably hinting that asking if I spoke and read english. I dont know to be honest I've been a good boy and to get napped for something stupid at the end of the punishment is unfair.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 AM

I don't think restricted license includes "driving an extra 5 minutes to drive a friend home". You get to drive to work/school, and thats it. That's why it's "restricted".

Own up to it man. You screwed up. Stop blaming on the cops. Yeah he's an a$$hole for using inappropriate language, but he was right for pulling you over.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Vadriven.com is calling
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Paragraphs, please.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by youngcow,Apr 13 2008, 03:08 PM
even thou the cop was probably hinting that asking if I spoke and read english
He was probably saying that because you don't seem to understand what the restricted license was all about.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by youngcow,Apr 13 2008, 12:59 PM
I just had to drop a buddy off.
There is your problem, if you arent being paid legally by your friend to drop him off, you werent going to work. It sucks but Im with the cops on this one, they are pretty much always right no matter how much damage it does to ones situation, suffer the consequences and this time dont f up and your liscense will come back.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by youngcow,Apr 13 2008, 01:20 PM
he's the shit.
I say this in every single petty cop thread. Police > You

It may not be right but ITS THE WAY IT IS, there is a huge difference. Complaining to an audience who have all been pulled over for things we may feel questionable as well will get you nowhere man.

P.S. The racist stuff is unfounded and just downright laughable, dont pull the race card, especially not here.

Quick Reply: I Hate Cops!