Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

i got pulled over off 395 last night

Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by OversteerFTW,Feb 5 2008, 12:55 PM
I was talking about while we were go-karting. In the go-karts. he did not use his blinker.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

boofer, i'll admit as well, that if traffic is light and no ones around i won't put the signal on, on the highway, or some turns around my small town when noones even close to me.....but as you know it's a gamble....you lost the bet, so what?! just move on.

and about the front tag deal, my little town of hampstead is notorious for pulling over "modified foreign cars" for something "petty" to then see if "anything else is going on". i was pulled over a bunch in the S and never got shit for no front plate. i am very surprised especially since a few of the times the cop was coming towards me......but i don't have to deal with it now since i drive an old persons car now (lexus es300)
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyCracker82,Feb 5 2008, 02:59 PM
boofer, i'll admit as well, that if traffic is light and no ones around i won't put the signal on, on the highway, or some turns around my small town when noones even close to me.....but as you know it's a gamble....you lost the bet, so what?! just move on.

and about the front tag deal, my little town of hampstead is notorious for pulling over "modified foreign cars" for something "petty" to then see if "anything else is going on". i was pulled over a bunch in the S and never got shit for no front plate. i am very surprised especially since a few of the times the cop was coming towards me......but i don't have to deal with it now since i drive an old persons car now (lexus es300)
Hampstead is turning into a nice little speed trap. Get the bypass done yesterday!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the ticket is just placed on your record if points are given and if your insurance company requests the record (which I would think they would do every time you renew), DMV will send the record to the insurance company. If no points are given it doesn't go on the record.

The link I posted above shows which tickets give you points and how many points are given for the offense and how long it stays on your record. Once it's off your record the points go off with it. You can also take a driver improvement class once every 3 years I believe which deducts 5 points from your record, but the ticket stays on the record till the years for that ticket have passed.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by O-turn,Feb 5 2008, 09:46 AM
Man if you came in here ranting and owning up to your mistakes things would be different. Instead you come in saying the cop shouldnt have pulled you over? Deal with it, It irks me because I get pulled over all the f**kin time and not once would I blame it on the officer nor come in here saying how bad cops are for DOING THEIR JOBS.

Jason never uses blinkers, it just looks like he does cuz he has yellow
i ranted once, got over it, posted that i was over it and that the officer was doing his job, and am now thinking of defensive driving school classes to atone for the mistake. true, i did complain that this is a seemingly minor thing to pull me over for. i'm pretty sure you would agree with that, and also, this might not have happened if i didn't drive a red MY07 with the top down.

that said, i'm not harping on about it. i said what i said, it's over and done with. i wasn't irate with the officer, nor did my posts here indicate it. i was polite and courteous with him, because yes, i realize he's just doing his job. i just think he could be spending his time going after the 283922 morons on the road around DC and not me.

you continue to post after i do claiming that i'm continually complaining and bitching about the cop. i never said he was a bad cop; i said that i was just really shocked that i'd get pulled over for something this insignificant, given the area that we live in and all the bad driving that goes along with it.

dare i ask what you've been pulled over for? you sound very disgruntled.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boofer,Feb 5 2008, 11:46 AM
it was around 6:15 and the sun had been down for a few minutes.
I-395 at 1815 and no cars around? I've always heard how much traffic there is up there.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

For the record, I don't use turn signals religiously. Anyone that has followed me knows that. That said, I do not think it is a B.S. ticket. Here's why...

You have come on the board and told many of us about your experience. I'm guessing many folks have seen this thread and not posted. Knowing that a person received a ticket in a specific area for a specific violation makes us all more aware of our driving tendencies. Hopefully the end result will be safer roads.

So while some of the common public may view your citation as frivolous, it has the potential to have a much bigger impact than those folks think.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Feb 5 2008, 03:05 PM
I-395 at 1815 and no cars around? I've always heard how much traffic there is up there.
395 N approaching DC in the evenings is clear. in the mornings, it's bumper to bumper. 395 S leaving DC in the mornings is clear, but in the evenings, it's bumper to bumper.

i'm lucky enough to have a job that is out in Alexandria, yet i live in Arlington and therefore i can drive against traffic. takes me 25 min for ~12 miles, but if i were driving with everyone else, it would easily take an hour or longer.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Feb 5 2008, 03:12 PM
For the record, I don't use turn signals religiously. Anyone that has followed me knows that. That said, I do not think it is a B.S. ticket. Here's why...

You have come on the board and told many of us about your experience. I'm guessing many folks have seen this thread and not posted. Knowing that a person received a ticket in a specific area for a specific violation makes us all more aware of our driving tendencies. Hopefully the end result will be safer roads.

So while some of the common public may view your citation as frivolous, it has the potential to have a much bigger impact than those folks think.
is there any kind of BS ticket? i suppose not. traffic laws are generally clear-cut and once you cross a line it's supposed to be obvious to all parties. so i concede that point. also, yes, i hope everyone else uses their signals. that might be the silver lining of this incident.

in the end, it's $91 + a little hassle for driving school and maybe slightly increased insurance premiums. in the grand scheme of things, it's a small price to pay, i suppose.

drive safe!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

[QUOTE=boofer,Feb 5 2008, 06:20 PM] 395 N approaching DC in the evenings is clear.

Quick Reply: i got pulled over off 395 last night