Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

i got pulled over off 395 last night

Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ebchu,Feb 5 2008, 11:06 AM
sucks dude, i don't know why everyone is hating on you.
Because he should have used his signal?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O-turn,Feb 5 2008, 12:09 PM
Umm, Ive been pulled over all over MD for no front tag. 5 Tickets total, previous owner got a few as well.
hmmm that's weird...hope my luck doesn't run out
Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Feb 5 2008, 11:17 AM
I got away with it for a year. The day I took my NC inspection sticker off the window finally, is the day I got a NFP ticket. Coincedence??
Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Tough crowd here.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by O-turn,Feb 5 2008, 08:10 AM
Because he should have used his signal?
i already said i was just ranting and that it was unfortunate. i didn't say that it isn't deserved, because a law is a law and there's no real grey area there. on the other hand though, do all of you always use your blinker 100% of the time when traffic is light and you're on a highway with no cars in your general vicinity? i'm gonna say no. i use my blinkers 100% of the time when i'm near cars, making a right hand turn and when i'm stopped to make left hand turns and stuff like that. i see people break several of these laws in the span of 3 city blocks when i'm driving, and so to me, it just seems very unfortunate that i got nabbed for doing something seemingly minor like this.

that's fine if people are going to sh*t on me. i probably shouldn't have started the thread in the first place, but i will admit i was looking for at least a little sympathy, not "you f***ing got what you deserve, sh*tbag!!!

no worries. i'm hoping that taking a driving class between now and the court date will count for something. it's like $50 and probably worth it even if i still have to pay the $91, because the points taken back off would save me more than that in the long run.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by e3opian,Feb 5 2008, 05:33 AM
How late at night was it? They'll use any reason they can to pull you over and find out if you've been drinking, etc,.
it was around 6:15 and the sun had been down for a few minutes.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by boofer,Feb 5 2008, 11:42 AM
i already said i was just ranting and that it was unfortunate. i didn't say that it isn't deserved, because a law is a law and there's no real grey area there. on the other hand though, do all of you always use your blinker 100% of the time when traffic is light and you're on a highway with no cars in your general vicinity? i'm gonna say no. i use my blinkers 100% of the time when i'm near cars, making a right hand turn and when i'm stopped to make left hand turns and stuff like that. i see people break several of these laws in the span of 3 city blocks when i'm driving, and so to me, it just seems very unfortunate that i got nabbed for doing something seemingly minor like this.

that's fine if people are going to sh*t on me. i probably shouldn't have started the thread in the first place, but i will admit i was looking for at least a little sympathy, not "you f***ing got what you deserve, sh*tbag!!!

no worries. i'm hoping that taking a driving class between now and the court date will count for something. it's like $50 and probably worth it even if i still have to pay the $91, because the points taken back off would save me more than that in the long run.
actually. I do use my turn signals 100% of the time. It feels odd without turning them on before I turn.

Just like how it feels weird moving in a car without having my seatbelt on.

I guess it's just the way that you learn how to drive.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by magikcow,Feb 5 2008, 08:46 AM
actually. I do use my turn signals 100% of the time. It feels odd without turning them on before I turn.

Just like how it feels weird moving in a car without having my seatbelt on.

I guess it's just the way that you learn how to drive.
yeah, i suppose i've become somewhat lazy in the ~10 years that i've been driving. i figure, if i'm on a highway and there's no one around, what's the point in using a signal to move from the left to the right lane? it seems like overkill to me, and that's exactly the attitude that got me a ticket. oh well, what's done is done.

in the meantime, i've slowly but surely come to the realization that the car cannot be driven the way we'd like it to be on the roads...at all. especially around DC. traffic lights everywhere, 20mph over = reckless driving, etc. if this infraction jacks up my insurance (i currently pay $106/month, which isn't that bad), i'll consider selling it and buying something like an '04 accord coupe. it's obviously more vanilla and there are many more of them, but there's the backseat, same reliability, lower insurance costs, and obviously less of a car payment (i pay about $400/mo).

of course, i read all these other posts of people who sold their S2000s and then came back a year or two later. i'm guessing that would be me as well.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by papa5murf,Feb 5 2008, 10:49 AM
So they put it on your record and give it to the insurance company upon request. I think that they do not send it unless there are points. If they, do this only proves that Maryland>Virginia.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Feb 5 2008, 11:17 AM
Well Brian drives like an asshat, too.

Quick Reply: i got pulled over off 395 last night