Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Hit and run?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run?

anyone else come out to their car to discover a lovely new door ding? I found a Beaut on my drivers door this morning. Doesn't look like there is any paint damage but it still annoys me that someone would do such a thing and not own up to it. This will be the fourth time in two months that my car has been hit. Starting to think that the S2000 is not the car for me.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:40 AM

Sorry to hear it and thats a huge pet peeve for me. Paintless dent removal does wonders.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 AM

It has nothing to do w/ owning a S. People have no respect for other peoples property. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Find a good PDR guy and it will look good as new. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

There are some rules to follow to minimize your exposure to door dings. Don't rely on the general public to have respect for your possessions.

Parking next to 4 door vehicles is a start, they have shorter doors than 2 door vehicles.

Always look for an "end spot" so only one side of your car is exposed to other doors / the general public. Even then you need to "hug the curb" on the non-exposed side of your car.

The list goes on ......
Old 01-29-2011, 05:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know its not the right thing to do but, if it was me an I came up on my car with a nice dent or chip in it, I would do my best Adam Vinitari impersonation an kick a game wining Field Goal in the car door next to me.

Only b/c i tend to park away from everyone so when i come out of the store an see someone parked on top of me for no reason, then its people being iggnit.

lol i have anger issues

Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 AM

Lol, I thought I was only one I can't count how many driver side door handles I've spit on for parking right next to me in a open lot.... thought I was only one who found it oh so rude.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know its not an S, but I also have a short bed chevy project that I finished before I got the S. Would park in B.F.E. and come out to find some random person parked right beside me like were best budz or something.

I sat and waited for them after an occasion that they parked within 8"+- door to door, with noone anywhere near either of us. They left a nice ding in my fresh paint and bodywork. They saw the wrath let me tell you...

On a side note, besides it being a lack of respect I think some people are ignorant to the amount of work and pride some of us put into our vehicles and have the impression that people who park away from everyone else think they're the s***, and thus commit jealous acts of vandalism/careless mistakes.

O yea..Im John..new here..posted in introductions a bit ago...good to be a part of the community
Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 PM

sorry to hear that..it happens to all of us and it sucks! I agree that other ppl have no respect for other ppl's cars..definitely a pet peeve of mine ,too. It all boils down to calling your local dentless remover when its all said and done.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by NFRen,Jan 29 2011, 03:08 PM
I know its not an S, but I also have a short bed chevy project that I finished before I got the S. Would park in B.F.E. and come out to find some random person parked right beside me like were best budz or something.

I sat and waited for them after an occasion that they parked within 8"+- door to door, with noone anywhere near either of us. They left a nice ding in my fresh paint and bodywork. They saw the wrath let me tell you...

On a side note, besides it being a lack of respect I think some people are ignorant to the amount of work and pride some of us put into our vehicles and have the impression that people who park away from everyone else think they're the s***, and thus commit jealous acts of vandalism/careless mistakes.

O yea..Im John..new here..posted in introductions a bit ago...good to be a part of the community
Hey John Welcome

I see you an I think alike. lo
Old 01-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I would do my best Adam Vinitari impersonation an kick a game wining Field Goal in the car door next to me.
Too many cameras these days. If you have to do something I'd limit it to a nice spitball.

Quick Reply: Hit and run?