Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Heads UP

Old 06-20-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Jun 20 2006, 08:06 PM
guess they are running low on funds, they need to stock up again.....

only if it was that simple for all of us... we'd all be driving ferrari's
We can go out and pretend to be fashion police... Anytime we see someone dressed in a stupid way we can write them a ticket
Old 06-20-2006, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=LiQUiD iCE,Jun 20 2006, 06:31 PM] I hate Fairfax County!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptKirk,Jun 20 2006, 08:18 PM
We can go out and pretend to be fashion police... Anytime we see someone dressed in a stupid way we can write them a ticket
Yeah okay, 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nandska,Jun 20 2006, 04:16 PM
Its the 6th annual DC metro area police fundraiser, aka Smooth Operator ....
It's not a police fundraiser. It's a nationwide campaign for traffic awareness and safety.

But then again, you copied it directly from Dragva, the source of great wisdom on the net.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

thanks for the heads up.

ryan, i think i saw you pulled over yesterday on 28 near dulles. it was a ap2 silverstone pulled over by a blazer cop suv.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 4theheckof_it,Jun 20 2006, 09:48 PM
It's not a police fundraiser. It's a nationwide campaign for traffic awareness and safety.

But then again, you copied it directly from Dragva, the source of great wisdom on the net.
Dragva is the almighty wikipedia, didn't you know.

Just edited the first post with the correction.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4theheckof_it,Jun 20 2006, 08:26 PM
Smooth Operator program isn't a revenue generating thing. It's a Nationawide campaign by police dept.'s for traffic awareness and safety. During this period of time, police officer's will hand out tickets for the smallest of infractions i.e. following too closely, failure to yield, running yellow lights, etc. etc. Why? To make the public aware that what they are doing is an infraction. I guarantee you that the person that just received a summons for following to closely will watch it when they drive everyday to not follow closely again. Public awareness has been achieved.

Now getting to back to why I quoted Ryan on his comment. So you mean to tell me, police officer's writing tickets is not protecting and serving the community? Ok, then how would you like it if someone came speeding past your house doing mach 5 while you were backing out of your driveway? You don't want people to be speeding down YOUR street, but yet, you get upset when the police are out handing out tickets for infractions. And patrolling your neighborhoods? Do you see them go by your house at night? I doubt it because you're sound asleep in your bed because criminals are scared to break into YOUR house because they just saw a patrol car around the block, at night. Sometimes you don't see what the police do, however, they are there. If they weren't doing their job, trust me, I wouldn't be owning the car that we drive because I'd fear someone stealing it the next day. I'm sorry the police cannot appease you by sitting on the side of the highway and handing out summons. Try to be a police officer for one week and you tell me they don't have a hard job. When you're trying to appease brass by doing what they ask you to do, the public hates you. It's a no win situation with the police. You hate them when they are doing their job, but yet, you call and ask for them when you are in trouble. I'm sorry, but I didn't know the police are only there for when YOU call them. If you see it as harassment then don't drive. It's that simple. Solves that problem of getting tickets right? Yes, it sucks ass when you get a ticket, however, I'm sure 95% of the time you deserved it. If you didn't, then go to court, that's what they are for.

So now that you all know that the Smooth Operator Program is in effect and the police are going to be handing out tickets like it's going out of style, drive better. If you know you have illegal equipment on your car (like I do) then be prepared for the consequences because I am. Like the saying goes, you play, you pay. Don't complain about how the man is out to get you. You are out to get yourself. Only you can control what happens to yourself. If you were speeding 56 in a 55 and get a ticket, then by holy moly, you were freaking speeding, and you deserved it. Unfortunately, people drive around here like they own the road. Do I drive like an ass at times? Yes. And if I got a ticket for it then so be it. I deserved it. But I'm not going to sit here and complain that the police should be out looking for murderer's and rapists instead of giving out tickets. You know why? Because I was dumb enough to freaking speed in front of a police officer and got caught while he was on the way to look for that murderer or rapist that I wanted him to look for.

Alright, I'm gonna get off my soapbox now.

Peter
I hear you, but I still hate State Troopers
Old 06-21-2006, 03:44 AM

Thanks for the info Tom... .They were definately out in full force yesterdaymorning. I saw 8 cops on the west bound side of 66 between Fairfax County Parkway and the Manassas 234 Business exit.... I knew something was up and it definately tamed my commute last night and this morning.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nandska,Jun 21 2006, 07:13 AM
Dragva is the almighty wikipedia, didn't you know.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:45 AM

my office has a window that looks straight down at the cops who sits in the spot waiting for the ffx county prkway merge w/ 66. they've been out in force lately although i've only seen 1 pulled over from my window.
my ex coworker was a ffx county cop and he said that there's an unwritten/unspoken "quota" he had to meet every month. there's fishing holes where they just sit around and write tickets all day to unsuspecting drivers. they refer to ffx county parkway as the fairfax autobahn due to the people who speed excessively there. they DO like donuts =) their job IS dangerous, especially with the insane amount of idiots on the road. there's always something he use to tell me everyday but i can't remember them all

Quick Reply: Heads UP