Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Got pulled over again

Old 05-16-2003, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over again

ahhh. not again.

I am coming home from a night out with my friends (dinner etc). On route 7 west I was minding my own buisness while this Pilot tried to pass me and got locked in gridlock by the other lane car. So he gets behind me and high beams me.
Geez, I don't want to get pulled over for having a fast looking car. So i was at all time maintaining my speed. Plus route 7 is known for cops. Anyway, I get to the Georgetown Pike intersection and that bastard is next to me, so I rev it a little and take off aggressively. Next thing I know is a cop from no where shows up on my tail and puts his lights on. OMG, not again. I have gotten pulled over way too many times. In fact more in this s2000 than any of my previous cars combined.
So i pull up on the side of the road and he uses the mic to tell me take a right turn. Hmmm. So as a good citizen I turn right into a community, turn the lights off and stick both hands outside to let him know it's safe (my friend told me to do this, so they feel like you might not pull a gun or anything and they respect that). So here I am both hands flat out of my window waiting for the officer to show up. He shows up and starts to storm off at me saying what was I trying to do? What was my intention driving off the signal so fast and supposedly he is claimining my tires made noise. Some sort of wreckless violation. Honestly, not trying to lie or anything, but i did not peel out. But in front of a cop, I can't win an arguement. So i try to say the s02 tires are not very rain friendly and he goes like I have heard all kinds of excuses, I don't think so son. Then he asks me if I was trying to race the car next to me. I tell him no way sir, i was just trying to go home and sleep. He makes me get out of my car. Then he looks at the car and asks me where my front tag was? I told him, i took it off last weekend to put the 3m clear bra on and been lazy putting it back on. So he suggests I put them on immediately and sit tight on my car. He goes back to his car and comes back and goes to the front to see i had put them back on. Then he goes what are these blue lights, I act a little confused and I ask him does he mean the lights HID? I even go to the extent to fire up the engine and turn the light on. Then he goes, no the side ones and advises me to turn them on. So i do and he comes over and tells me that's another violation. By now, i am already thinking my insurance is gonna be cancelled. Then he asks me how many tkts have i had. Well, I got pulled over doing 80mph on route 50 about a year ago in 45mph zone. He let me get off that with warning. Then within three weeks a robo cop pulls in front of my bimmer and gives me 18mph over speeding tkt. A week later, I get a tkt for no car inspection. So i was not about to tell him my 12 month history. I just tell him, i have been good sir. He goes back to his car and comes back and yells at me a little and says to take care of the front blue lights and lets me go. Again, there is God (Allah in my case). It was so scary. I guess I could have gotten multiple tkts, but I really did not argue with the officer and told him I was stupid and should have been more careful (which I should have). it was nice to have him let me go, so i had to even shake his hand. :-)

what a night...
wooo-hooo. now i am home and time to be safe and be courteous to my neighbor cars...

LIL Raja

ps. excuse run in sentence and grammer cuz right now I am just happy to be home without a tkt.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:30 PM

Nice one Raja, there is no better feeling then getting off with a warning! Cheers!

-CHarged
Old 05-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,957 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Raja Hon - I think you need to sell that car sooner rather than later! So you can start working on tickets/warnings with the 911! Seriously, I think I read that yellow cars get stopped even more than red ones, so go for a diff color next time - like silver!! LOL
Old 05-17-2003, 04:21 AM

Raja,
Ms Perky's right, you've got to go for that subdued look with Sebring. Either that or get your hair dyed gray like I do. When they nab me I just do my Charlie Weaver imitation and say things like "Dadgummit! They just don't make tires the way they used to! There's no dang way a 2000 CC car should make the tires spin, but you know these Honda's officer, they just put on the cheapest ol' tires they can find."

By the way, a luxuriant white moustache can help your act as well

Now you just take it easy out there, and the next time you feel like you have to race, don't pick on something as race-prepared as one of those pavement-ripping Pilots. Maybe if you wait till it's an Element beside you the cops wouldn't think you were racing! That or a Yugo
Old 05-17-2003, 04:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Raja,

You're making it tough for us Spa owners...

And those blue lights too???

I need to stay away from NOVA I guess

George
Old 05-17-2003, 06:39 AM

Lucky!!!!!I got tagged for those turn signals.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:46 AM

Debra,
The car is on sale as we speak. I have someone looking at the car this weekend. It's just so hard to let it go. I keep saying I am going to sell it, but i just never get around to advertising it.

I love the color and that was my main reason for getting the car. I think more than anything was the exhaust of my car that was loud and even at 4-5k rpm - it sounded like a civic at redline. The cop was obviously hearing the engine with my intake and exhaust. I was not racing nor was i trying to vtec in the rain with s02s.

When I got pulled over, i definately did not want to say, sir what you heard was not just any regular car - it was my invidia exhaust and my intake along with my motorbike car. I just tried to play as dumb as possible and not argue. Cops hate it when you argue and disrespect them. I told him, sir I have been stupid and I should have not drove off fast. However, I never peeled out and did not want to argue with him and get busted. Even to the point of the blue light, i tried to act like he was talking about my HID when I knew exactly what he was talking about. :-)

I have been very lucky. I got off doing 80mph in 45mph zone, then the no inspection on the car (at that time, i was pulled over for no county sticker, no inspection and no front tags). Went to court and got it dropped. Then the BMW tkt with rob cop, couldn't do anything about. :-( This one was again a blessing from God (Allah) and I just appreciate it.

Yellow does attact a lot attention, I know cuz girls have been noticing me way too much in my s2k than any M3 or MB I had driven in the past.

Anyway guys, I have 2 much drama in my life. But I want to hear some of yours at the BBQ. I am really excited and hope to see you all there.