Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Got Pulled Over :(

Old 03-05-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Pulled Over :(

Well, it finally happened. I havent been pulled over in like 2 years, i have a pretty clean record, but it happened tonight on the way home. I was right around whitemarsh on 95, doing 83 (in a 65) and there was a cop shooting radar. Now mind you, the whole time i was doing 80-85, there was an suv 2 lanes over (in the fast lane) doing the same speed limit. The cop pulled out after we passed, and got behing the suv. He then realized, oh wow, he has FOP tags, lets pull over this other guy. So thats when i got nailed. He saw that the other person was a cop, or had relation with a cop, and pulled me over. Im a little mad about that, because thats BS. My dad is baltimore city, but i dont have FOP tags. So he gave me a ticket, 80$ which isnt that big of a deal, but im just wondering about points. He didnt mention anything, but will there be any points involved? Sorry this is so long, just doing some venting.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:04 AM

Yep, there will be points. Lucky you were not in VA. Here more than 15 over in a 65 is a reckless driving ticket.

Think about going to court, tell the judge that the cop went for the SUV, then when he saw the FOP tag he changed his mind and went for you. It might also go a long way in pleading NOT GUILTY. Cause the cop probably did not shoot you with the the Radar he shot the SUV. He would have a hard time explaining that to the judge. I am no expert but your circumstance sounds like that may be a valid position.

Aside from that the S is a target for Johnny Law, keep that in mind.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Wow, hotredjohn has a point. He probably did shoot the SUV and there's no way he got a proper pace on you before pulling you over. Fight it, or plead for a reduction in charge to improper driving or some other infraction.

...Maybe Peter will jump in this thread and provide some insight.

-Aaron
Old 03-06-2006, 05:15 AM

go to court, its MD you havent been pulled over in awhile, judge is always lenient, my guess is PBJ, if i can get PBJ for 68 in a 35, your fine, my father-in-law is baltimore county as you know, and he has told me what judges are a$$es, just wear nice clothes, present yourself well and off you go! figures after all the roads we shredded today and didnt get it, you got it on your way home, sucks man!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

i went down to college park last night and the cops were freakin everywhere. i passed about 5 or 6 and only 1 was shooting laser, the others had people pulled over.

just take it to court and you'll still get something probably but it won't be as bad as the cop said
Old 03-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 708 Likes on 448 Posts

I would definetly goto court, you might get lucky and the cop may not show up. I almost got tagged on 270 last night, but brake lights ahead of me tipped me off.

Where in college park did you see people getting pulled over? I know a couple of the spots, but its always good to know more of them.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

they really weren't around college park pulling people over it was all on 32/95/295 and 695
Old 03-06-2006, 07:26 AM

Also, in Virginia, anything over 80 is automatically reckless.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 03-06-2006, 09:24 AM

Yea if there are points, i think im going to fight it. Im not positive that he was shooting the suv at first, but its just what it seemed like. He got behing the suv for a few minutes, did his thing, then came over 2 lanes and pulled me over. I think if he planned on getting me, he would have gotten right behind me. I got pulled over by a State Police, so where would i have to go for court? Ive never gotten a ticket from a State Policeman. Im really hoping that if i do go to court, he just doesnt show up, lol. You have to think that the State Police pull a lot of people over, and they may not go to every court case.

P.S. Brian we did tear those roads up, lol. You should have seen us after you left, lol good times.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:32 AM

Matt - that sucks. I was actually following Sean to 95 South and he took off on the freeway as I was stuck on the ramp behind some douche with a Volvo. I was doing 90-95 trying to catch up to him, but then saw brake lights and was able to slow it down. The cop was in the middle and a State Trooper, so it had to have been the same one - damn, sorry!

As for the cop not showing up, my past experience is that they write a bunch of tickets and set themselves up for one or two days in a court a month to deal with everyone. Take it for what you will, but I've had a lot of friend (lawyers) tell me that if you can successfully change your court date with the court, the chances of the cop showing up goes WAY down.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over :(