Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Got Hit, Let Her Go

Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got Hit, Let Her Go

I was crawling through a parking lot looking for a space and this white corolla immediately starts backing up, with me behind! I hit the brakes thinking they would notice me behind them but they kept comin. I honked repeatedly and just 2 inches before impact they stopped. I shook my head and prepared to drive away and the car started backing again! i couldn't believe this! i honked for the 2 seconds before impact and yelled "idiot!" when it happened. a foreign lady in the upper 40's got out of the car and said "I thought I heard a horn but i wasn't sure." she hit with her back bumper flush on my front tire, and at the time i saw absolutely no damage. i even felt the fender to make sure. her husband, coming from a store i presume, came back and told me to "escape now since there was no damage." long story short i let them go, just noting their tags just in case. later that day i noticed a dent in the side of the fender around the wheel. i called the police station and they said there was nothing they could do at this time, but advised me to call my insurance with the tags and they could track it down. i did this and the agent said she would call me with any information. haven't heard anything yet, and this happened saturday.

my question is, do you think my insurance will increase even though this isn't my fault? i'm not asking them to pay for anything i just wanted them to find the other lady's insurance. thanx for you opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno if your insurance would go up. depending on how big your deductable is you should decide whether to get the insurance company to repair it our repair it with money out of your own pocket.

well, hope everything works out well.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Escape now? That's a threat and I would have called the cops immediately.. you are probably out your deductible and they will get off free. This has happened to my friend now 4 times in the last year. Jeff (Cap1) knows who I'm talking about
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 PM

^^ 4 times?!?!?! wow, that is some rotten luck
Old 07-13-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

No kidding. He's on the body shop's "Gift Basket at Christmas time" list...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Well.......... :bitestongue:

I was hit twice, with very minimal damage and the cost to fix it was 700.00 and 500.00. Their insurance paid for it though.

Anyways, the ball is in there court. Unfortunately, they can deny the claim and say that they have no idea what you are talking about or they can say that they did hit you.

My gf was hit by a truck and when the cops finally got a hold of him, he denied everything. So she was stuck with the bill.

Well, good luck. I hope they take responsibilty.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 AM

Thats what you get for being a nice guy...

Should've taken care of it right there... (especially if some fool comes out and says some shit like "escape now...." )

Hope it works out and you dont get screwed for someone else's stupidity and your kindness...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by e3opian,Jul 14 2006, 01:34 AM
Escape now? That's a threat and I would have called the cops immediately.. you are probably out your deductible and they will get off free. This has happened to my friend now 4 times in the last year. Jeff (Cap1) knows who I'm talking about

That does sound like a threat and it has happened to a friend that both me and Aaron know a lot this year
Old 07-14-2006, 05:08 AM

Oh and another thing...you said that she hit you on your tire... Well, I'd be even more concerned with a hit like that. Getting hit on a tire like that can cause damage you can't see just by looking at the car. It can end up messing up suspension components which can get even more tricky and maybe even costly to repair.

I'd be more willing to let someone go if I see there are minor scratches on my car than if they hit my tire and I don't see any damage....

Good luck nonetheless...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by CaptKirk,Jul 14 2006, 09:08 AM
Oh and another thing...you said that she hit you on your tire... Well, I'd be even more concerned with a hit like that. Getting hit on a tire like that can cause damage you can't see just by looking at the car. It can end up messing up suspension components which can get even more tricky and maybe even costly to repair.

I'd be more willing to let someone go if I see there are minor scratches on my car than if they hit my tire and I don't see any damage....

Good luck nonetheless...

Quick Reply: Got Hit, Let Her Go