Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Got in an accident last night

Old 01-15-2006, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got in an accident last night

My friend and I got into an accident last night coming back home. It was snowing and the roads were pretty slick. I was at a red light and when it turned green I accelerated a little too fast for the weather conditions . I should have know better, but I skidded into the left, I tried to correct the skid but then I went into the right lane and a SUV coming hit me on passenger's side, then knocked us onto the median on the left. Luckily, we were not going that fast, around 20/25 mph and we no one got hurt. However, the S took a big hit. The front bumper is bent from the impact with the curb. The passenger's door outside panel will probably need to be replaced. I am hoping there is no frame damage although I will not know until I take the car to the shop.

This is basically my first car accident in the US, and I am not sure where to take the car for repairs. The insurance company (Progressive) has a drop and pick up service, where they basically take care all of the repairs. However, since the car is a lease and I want it back as close as pre-accident conditions as possible, I am think a Honda dealer body shop will be the best option. Since the insurance will taking care of cost, apart from my deductible, the cost is not a problem. I just the best possible repair shop I can get in the area.

Does any one have any suggestions or info based on passed experience that might help me?

I will try to post some pics with the damage later on. I am still a bit shocked from what happened. But again, luckily no one was hurt and hopefully the car can be repaired.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

sorry to hear that dude! i don't know of any good body shops down that way though. only up here in the country. but i know other guys will chime in
Old 01-15-2006, 11:25 AM

4theheckofit might have some suggestions.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear, Hector. I remember some recommendations a while back when I had the accident but I don't remember any of the shops other than the one I took it to...

Lemme see if I can dig up the post...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:09 PM

Here you go:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=47&t=317176
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 PM

D&V Auto Body, talk to Kavin. I went to the shop last week, awesome guy, know his stuff, and have been doing many cars here on this board including mine.

Dealership is the last place I'll go, mostly another day-another dollar kind of job, if you ask me.

Since your Ins' Co. is picking up the tab anyway, custom shop like D&V is the place you need.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:52 PM

You should go to Shannonautobody they do very good work and great people. Its located in gaithersburg so not that far away from bethesda.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

DO NOT GO TO A DEALERSHIP!!!

D&V is very reputable in the NoVA area, but I think 4theheckof_it(Peter) has his own shop now... not sure if they do body work.

Glad you're ok.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 AM

Thank you all for the advice. The Progessive agent suggested Imperial autobody, as they are certified with them and they work for a Honda dealer. Their website looks pretty decent so I am going to give it a try today. I will get an estimate from them and if I like what I see and hear I will leave the car there. If not I will look into the options you mentioned.

It is funny how you all recommend independent shops and to stay away from dealers. In europe it will be totally the opposite.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:28 AM

I now remember a friend of mine who is a Progressive agent recommending the same shop - sounds good

Quick Reply: Got in an accident last night