Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Good place in the area to get custom alignment?

Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptKirk,Jun 8 2006, 06:52 PM
I've gone to The Tire Shop out in Leesburg both times I've needed an alignment. Nothing but good things to say about them

Ultimate in Sterling also does alignments but last I heard they were raising up the prices of alignments on our cars for some odd reason. You could give them a call and check it out.
Go with The Tire Shop in Leesburg....

I got mine done at ultimate just before WTD.... 130$ They told me when I dropped it off that they had done quite a few s2000s before. I know Dylan had been there, and I know Kevin had been getting his alignments there since he has had his car for around 90$ (I found that out after I got mine done). They charged Dylan the same thing (130$). When I came to pick up my car, I was happy with the specs, he told me to let everyone on the board know "how good of a job they did". Then he told me to also let people know that since the S2000 alingment is hard to get right, they would be charging an additonal hour of labor, bringing it to 170

Next time I will be taking my car to The tire Shop
Old 06-09-2006, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Zeemz,Jun 9 2006, 08:03 AM
Go with The Tire Shop in Leesburg....

I got mine done at ultimate just before WTD.... 130$ They told me when I dropped it off that they had done quite a few s2000s before. I know Dylan had been there, and I know Kevin had been getting his alignments there since he has had his car for around 90$ (I found that out after I got mine done). They charged Dylan the same thing (130$). When I came to pick up my car, I was happy with the specs, he told me to let everyone on the board know "how good of a job they did". Then he told me to also let people know that since the S2000 alingment is hard to get right, they would be charging an additonal hour of labor, bringing it to 170

Next time I will be taking my car to The tire Shop
I knew something weird like that happened...thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:12 AM

Hmm. I bought some OEM tires from a guy w/ an AP2 last year, and they've just been sitting in my shed waiting for my current tires to wear down. I need to get the rear tires installed now and then also get a 4 wheel alignment. I'll give these guys a call too.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 AM

Anyone know of a place near Springfield? Getting new rear tires on tonight, but haven't figured out who to take it to. Thinking of taking it to a regular shop like Merchant's if I don't hear of any other place.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by jnn4v,Jun 9 2006, 10:12 AM
Hmm. I bought some OEM tires from a guy w/ an AP2 last year, and they've just been sitting in my shed waiting for my current tires to wear down. I need to get the rear tires installed now and then also get a 4 wheel alignment. I'll give these guys a call too.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
I just got the car back from these guys yesterday. They seem to have done a good job with it. My alignment cost $69, but I think they'd charge more for a lowered suspension. They asked me several times "are you sure you have a stock suspension? If so, it's only $69." Also, the new tires are mounted on the back, no issues.

Further, they are one of TireRack's authorized shops. Another guy was there with his Boxter S and had just had his stuff shipped from TireRack directly to the shop.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jnn4v,Jun 15 2006, 09:24 AM
I just got the car back from these guys yesterday. They seem to have done a good job with it. My alignment cost $69, but I think they'd charge more for a lowered suspension. They asked me several times "are you sure you have a stock suspension? If so, it's only $69." Also, the new tires are mounted on the back, no issues.

Further, they are one of TireRack's authorized shops. Another guy was there with his Boxter S and had just had his stuff shipped from TireRack directly to the shop.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
If you're talking about the Tire Shop, then yea they deal with many sports cars. First time I was there talking to them before taking my car and we got into talking, and they said that custom stuff and special cars isn't a problem because they have people going to the track come to them all the time to get alignments. Specifically he was talking about NSXs that people take to Summit point.

Glad you also had a good experience with them
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Got my car aligned today for only $89! .. They said they charge by the hour, $89/hour, so I guess if they have difficulty aligning your car it might cost more money.

I got my car aligned to the UK Specs. My car was actually already close to that, mostly I think because my car never got aligned when it was lowered by the original owner.

Only thing that was weird was they took my car out for a drive before they aligned it. Maybe they were checking for problems, but I couldn't help but feel like they were taking it for a joy ride.

Overall though, $89 for a custom alignment was well worth it!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LiQUiD iCE,Jun 19 2006, 06:23 PM
Got my car aligned today for only $89! .. They said they charge by the hour, $89/hour, so I guess if they have difficulty aligning your car it might cost more money.

I got my car aligned to the UK Specs. My car was actually already close to that, mostly I think because my car never got aligned when it was lowered by the original owner.

Only thing that was weird was they took my car out for a drive before they aligned it. Maybe they were checking for problems, but I couldn't help but feel like they were taking it for a joy ride.

Overall though, $89 for a custom alignment was well worth it!
There is no reason for a shop to take the car out before an alignment. Did they provide you with a printout of the ending specs?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Jun 19 2006, 07:50 PM
There is no reason for a shop to take the car out before an alignment. Did they provide you with a printout of the ending specs?
Yeah I dont know why they took it out, unless it was just to make sure it was running correctly and there wasn't any other major problems before they brought it in. This shop does way more than alignments, so maybe they just wanted to check for other things wrong? I dunno ...

They did give me a printout of my alignment specs...

They were:

LF Camber: -0.85
RF Camber: -0.65
LF Caster: 6.4
RF Caster: 6.10
LF Toe: -0.16
RF Toe: -0.17
Total Toe: -0.32
Steer Ahead: 0.01

LR Camber: -2.60
RR Camber: -2.75
LR Toe: 0.27
RR Toe: 0.21
Total Toe: 0.49
Thrust Angle (??): 0.03

After:
LF Camber: -1.05
RF Camber: -1.00
LF Caster: 6.65
RF Caster: 6.55
LF Toe: -0.01
RF Toe: 0.00
Total Toe: -0.02
Steer Ahead: -0.01

LR Camber: -2.05
RR Camber: -2.10
LR Toe: 0.18
RR Toe: 0.24
Total Toe: 0.41
Thrust Angle : -0.03

I asked for:
Front Camber: -1
Front Caster: -6.45
Toe: 0

Rear Camber: -2
Toe: 0.2

And its pretty close to those specs, not sure how good a more expensive custom alignment would have been, but for $89 its close enough for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Jun 19 2006, 08:50 PM
The Tire Shop provided me with a computer printout that showed the before and after for each spec for each wheel.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)

Quick Reply: Good place in the area to get custom alignment?