Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Good body shop in DC area

Old 06-18-2002, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good body shop in DC area

Hello all,

I need a good body shop in the DC area. On Sunday, a Toyota RAV4 backed over the front of my car and destroyed the hood and front fascia. Didn't make me happy. Anyway, I need to get my baby fixed, and fixed right. I've never had good experiences with body shops in the past (mis-alinged panels, overspray, mis-matched paint, etc.), so I'm pretty nervous about my S going under the proverbial knife. If you've had any good experiences with local shops, I'd love to hear about them. I live in Arlington and work in Silver Spring, but I really want to take it to the best. Thanks so much.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:59 AM

I'm so sorry to here that! Were you there when it happened?

I don't know a good body shop, but I know some really bad ones.

Stay away from Marlboro auto body in Upper Marlboro MD. The paint on my hood of my integra faded in two years!

Also stay away from Collision Experts (near Rockville) Although the paint and body worked seemed excellent on my civic, within three years the battery acid they never washed off the engine compartment had eaten through the front sub frame. I noticed the car wasn't handling well in turns. When I got under the car to look, the front bumper was the only thing holding the lower control arm to the car. That said, they did fix it for the cost of the parts only.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:00 AM

It happened going into my sister's apartment complex in Arlington. They have an area over there with a hose to wash cars (my building does not), so I was going over to give it a good scrubbing. There's a gate at the entrance where you have to swipe a card to have the gate open. I was the 3rd in a line of 3 cars waiting to get in, when for some reason, the 2nd guy in line in a RAV4 just throws his car in reverse and backs up onto my hood. I have no idea why. I was too mad to ask what the hell he was thinking. I honked as soon as I saw the reverse lights, and it seemed to me like he had time to react, but just kept coming... Anyway, I guess s$@t happens.

I was thinking of taking it to Wagonwork Collision on Jefferson Davis Highway in Alexandria. The lot there is always full of wrecked Porsches, BMWs, Audis, etc., so I figure they must do good work. But, who knows? A good body shop is tough to find.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:30 PM

You should go to D&D in Rockville and talk to Avak. I had my old 240sx and 325is painted and fitted with body kits in the past. They do a great job and the prices are fair.

2001 Silver s2k
Old 06-18-2002, 06:36 PM

I have said it many times, and I'll say it again...

I recommend my personal friend, Mark Boudreau and Spectrum Painting & Collision Center in Arlington (actually Shirlington). He has handled a quite few owners' cars here (we crash a lot...yes we do) and has gotten very good reviews. Ask for him at (703) 671-2402 and tell him I sent you (I get no money, just a beer if I'm lucky).

Their address is:
4068 S. Four Mile Run Drive
Arlington, VA 22206
Old 06-19-2002, 07:42 AM

RS Collision in Manassas did a Fantastic full paint Job on my Porsche a couple of years ago. You could not tell if it was a repaint. The owner does many repaints for AutoAdvantage BMWs in Manassas. You would be suprised how many of their BMWs have some repaint work done on them. I would highly recommend him.

Good Luck!

narif
Old 06-27-2002, 06:58 AM

Zamora Auto Body in Rockville or Gaithersburg is well-regarded.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:35 PM

Criswell automotive in Gaithersburg is very good. 301-948-0880. Don't be intimidated by the Lotus's and Ferrari's waiting for service , they're prices are quite competitive.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:24 PM

I HAD TO HAVE THE REAR BUMPER REPLACED ON MINE AND POHANKA IN CHANTILLY DID A GREAT JOB...I'VE GOT AN 01 SPA AND THE PAINT IS PERFECT...THEY DO ALOT OF LEXUS AND ACURAS AND THE BEST PART FROM MY PESPECTIVE WAS THEY HAD THE CAR LESS THAN 4 HOURS...THEWANTED TO HAVE EVERYTHING IN AND PAINTED BEFORE I BROUGHT THE CAR AND THEY DID IT RIGHT...CLEANED IT UP(INSIDE AND OUT) AND I WAS OUT OF THERE...GOOD LUCK