Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

go-kart team enduro race

Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tru. yeah i mainly just mentioned this because I saw on their site it says something about a team enduro race which might be fun to get some teams together. if they have it we should go. if not - no worries. just a thought for now.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

It's a great idea.

Just wanted to let you know before you commit to something like renting out a track.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Aug 30 2006, 12:08 PM
Pole Position and I were getting 17 laps in 8 minutes. Not sure, but most of the others were getting 16.
hey now i was with you guys and yes i will still be posting the times, ive just been lazy
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by brerspidur,Aug 30 2006, 11:24 AM
hey now i was with you guys
I remember you using the back of my kart to slow down for turns instead of your brakes a few times
Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did an enduro race with friends last year at G-Force. Lots of fun . We ended up in 2nd to last place I think but that's OK it was still . Very stiff competition as most of the guys who compete in these things are kick-butt regional autoXers, racers, etc.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:54 AM

thanks for the insight. that makes me even more amped about it. how many people were on a team?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 PM

October 15th is the day. I just checked the site today ( I totally forgot about this for a while) here are the details:

AIK Adult 300 Enduro

10 karts, 2 hours/300 laps
$180/team

Endurance Race Format and Rules:

* Dates of Races: 1/23, 2/20, 3/20, Track 1- 1200 foot road course.
* Endurance races are 2 hours long or 300 laps, whichever comes first.
* Each team will consist of 3 racers minimum and 5 racers maximum.
* Each racer will run between 10 and 100 laps per driver session.
* No racer can run more than 150 laps in a race.
* Each team must make 3 mandatory pit stops. Teams can pit as many times as necessary in order to complete the race.
* Qualifying will be 5 laps in randomly assigned karts.
* The racer who qualifies for the team must start the race for that team.
* Qualifying fastest lap times determine the starting order for the race, not the kart number.
* Karts will be selected randomly by drawing.
* Teams will be gridded for a standing start on the track, remember this is a 300 lap race. Crashing or getting penalty in the first corner, does not benefit your team.
* Trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place.
* Points will also be awarded for each team and a three series team champion will be crowned after three endurance races are run.
* 10 Teams will be signed up for the endurance race. Each team must pay the entry fee in full 7 days in advance of the race in order to be eligible to race. In the event that your team is a no show for the event and there is no team to fill in the space left open, your team loses the entry fee. If an alternative team can be found the day of the event, the team's money will be refunded.
* The karts will go the two hours with no need for refueling or tire changes.
* Each team will be tracked in the computer and the team with the most laps who crosses the line first after the allotted time or who completes 300 laps will win.
* In the event that a kart fails for a mechanical reason other than a crash, the team will be given a replacement kart the race will not be stopped unless it is deemed unsafe to remove the kart from the track for the team to get a new kart.
* If a race needs to be slowed to remove a kart and replace it, the karts will be slowed using the Shutdown system. No passing will take effect under this full course yellow situation.
* All American Indoor Karting Rules Apply
o The first penalty for violation of the rules will be a 10-second pit stop for that team's kart and driver in the pit. Penalties start upon all other karts exiting the pits.
Example: Team 5 gets a penalty. Team 4 is in the pit changing drivers. Team 5 must wait to receive their penalty time until Team 4 has exited the pit after changing drivers.
o The second penalty for a violation of the rules will be a 30 second pit stop for the team and the removal of the driver from the race. Another driver must continue racing.
o The third penalty for any particular kart regardless of driver will result in removal of the kart from the race.
o Most racers are accustomed to a 20 lap race. This is a 300 lap or two hour endurance race, not a sprint. Remember that there will be hundreds of turns to get past your opponents, not just the next one in front of you.
o This event is non-refundable. No refund will be given for any reason, kart breakage, violation of rules, improper conduct or basically losing the race for any possible reason on the planet that could occur.
* Please remember that this is supposed to be fun. We award prizes, trophies and other items for endurance races, but the goal is to enjoy two hours of spirited racing in a competitive environment without someone getting hurt. Remember your manners and act appropriately as a winner or loser. Take into consideration that there are a number of other people trying to enjoy the same experience that you are. Don't be a poor sport and ruin the experience for someone else. Inappropriate actions will result in the participating member being barred from racing at American Indoor Karting again.

Points system:
First place 20 points
Second place 18
Third Place 16
Fourth place 14
Fifth Place 12
Sixth Place 10
Seventh Place 08
Eight Place 06
Ninth Place 04
Tenth Place 02
Bonus for pole qualifying: 2 points

* Prizes will be determined by sponsorship participation.
* Prizes in the past have included, but are not limited to, Snap-on hats and Jackets, X-Box video games, race credits at American Indoor Karting and gift certificates to restaurants and other venues.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Will be at Summit Point on October 14-15.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Have a wedding to attend in SC.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 PM

, yeah i figured it is prolly too late now.....actually Skip Im glad you mentioned Summit Point cuz I was supposed to go watch a friend race in Honda Challenge. I guess I will prolly wind up just doing that. What will you be doing there that weekend?

Quick Reply: go-kart team enduro race