Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

go-kart team enduro race

Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default go-kart team enduro race

Hey all,

I was checking out the G-Force go-kart track website today and they are advertising a team enduro race. It says the schedule will be posted soon. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in doing this. A group of us went down there last weekend and had a blast. Just trying to generate some interest for now. When the details come out I will post them up.

www.gforcekarts.com

Kevin
Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G-Force is ok...but for the money I'd much rather go to VIR...$50 for a complete hour of racing. But that may be a good drive for the people from up north. Since Im from Richmond the drive is only about 2.5-3 hrs but well worth it. You can also check into renting the track out at G-force provided you get enough participation. That would be the better bang for your buck at that place. Keep us updated
Old 08-30-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Renting the track is $800(I think that's what Tom said), so no, it's not.

Keep us posted, Kevin. I'm not driving down to Danville to kart. If I'm traveling that far, it'll be to track a real car.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 AM

Like I said it depends on participation..if you get 20 people and rent the track for an hour at a rate of $800...then thats $40 per person for an hour of racing...or you can pay $25 for an 8 minute heat(appx 10 laps). If you did that twice then it would cost you $50 bucks to race for 16 minutes...seems like a better deal to pay $40 and race for an hour. Also if your from up north then as stated in the post it may not be worth the trip...for me it def is..only 2.5 hrs to race for an hour...Im all about VIR. I've wasted too much money at g-force..after going to VIR they'll get my money before g-force..karts are faster,track it better,track is longer,and an hour vs. 8 minutes....But to each his own. Not saying I wouldnt attend a meet if one were set up..just trying to throw out another option if karting is whats on the agenda.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Aug 30 2006, 11:40 AM
Renting the track is $800(I think that's what Tom said), so no, it's not.

Keep us posted, Kevin. I'm not driving down to Danville to kart. If I'm traveling that far, it'll be to track a real car.
That would be correct 800 for the first hour and 700 for the next.

We paid membership prices for our races. So $34 for two races aren't half bad.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteNukl,Aug 30 2006, 11:50 AM
Like I said it depends on participation..if you get 20 people and rent the track for an hour at a rate of $800...then thats $40 per person for an hour of racing...or you can pay $25 for an 8 minute heat(appx 10 laps). If you did that twice then it would cost you $50 bucks to race for 16 minutes...seems like a better deal to pay $40 and race for an hour. Also if your from up north then as stated in the post it may not be worth the trip...for me it def is..only 2.5 hrs to race for an hour...Im all about VIR. I've wasted too much money at g-force..after going to VIR they'll get my money before g-force..karts are faster,track it better,track is longer,and an hour vs. 8 minutes....But to each his own. Not saying I wouldnt attend a meet if one were set up..just trying to throw out another option if karting is whats on the agenda.
Thanks for the headsup. I will have to check it out when I track at VIR next year.

Pole Position and I were getting 17 laps in 8 minutes. Not sure, but most of the others were getting 16.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nandska,Aug 30 2006, 08:03 AM
That would be correct 800 for the first hour and 700 for the next.

We paid membership prices for our races. So $34 for two races aren't half bad.
Yeah $34 bucks for 2 races aint too shabby....as long as your getting the memberchip prices its pretty good..the more people you have the cheaper it is for everyone.....to the original threadstarter..COunt me in some enduro racing if we get enough participation. Keep us updated..thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Kevin,

I may be up for this, but with the way things are at the moment I pretty much booked (weekend wise) until the first week in December.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nandska,Aug 30 2006, 09:05 AM
Kevin,

I may be up for this, but with the way things are at the moment I pretty much booked (weekend wise) until the first week in December.
Thats cool. Im pretty booked too. not to mention strapped for cash.

Im just waiting to see when the enduro race will be. I might call them up later. I figured it would be something cool to do and represent S2kI if its a decent sized event. but if its not all that its out to be then Whitenukl might have a point that renting out the track might be a better idea if we get enough people. Skip is right tho in the fact that we were turning 16-17 laps per 8 minute heat. I also agree with him that if we made the trek down to VIR I would prolly rather put down some laps in the S than a kart......or maybe both

I will try to call up there in the next few days when I get a minute to try and find out more info.

I will keep all posted.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Getting people interested in renting out the track is one thing, get people to show is another. If you are going to try to take on renting out the track, it's best to get people to give you money before hand (nonrefundable, if they don't show up).

Quick Reply: go-kart team enduro race