Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

FS: 2001 S2000 Berlina/Blk

Old 11-28-2006 | 02:56 PM

Default FS: 2001 S2000 Berlina/Blk

After seriously thinking about it, I've decided to sell my car. I know I'll miss it but I think it is for the best... Better that someone else enjoys it rather than me just looking at it parked in the garage all the time...

Why: Like I said, I never have time to drive for enjoyment anymore. I only get to take it out once a week or once every other week or something... Wish I could take it out more, but I can't, so I've decided to pass it on. That way I won't always sit there thinking about wanting to take it out since I won't have it.

What:

Year: 2001
Exterior color: Berlina
Interior color: Black
Mileage: 94,387

Mods:

Engine/Drivetrain:
- Complete InlinePRO turbo kit
- GT35R turbo
- AEM EMS1052U
- 675cc injectors
- Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
- 3mm Headgasket
* The turbo kit was completely installed by InlinePRO. Any supporting work was also done by InlinePRO. The turbo kit was installed at 85,310 miles.
- Modifry Coolant Temp. gauge fix
- InlinePRO Oil filter relocation kit
- InlinePRO oil cooler
- Visteon Racing Radiator
- Comptech Exhaust
- Competition Iron Man clutch and lightened (11 lb) flywheel
* Installed by InlinePRO at 92,530 miles

Suspension/Wheels:

- Tein S-tech lowering springs
- Cusco U-brace
- Cusco 3 piece Chassis brace
- Volk Diamond Black SF Challenge 18x7.5" +48mm Front / 18x8" +48mm Rear
- Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires 225/40 F 245/35 R

Aesthetic:

- JDM Smoked Diffusers
- Ricks Smoked Amber Sidemarkers
- Carbon Fiber OEM style front lip
- OEM rear spoiler

Interior:

- Alpine CDA-7894 head unit
- Alpine SPR-17LS 6.5" 2-way component speakers
- Muz Floor Mats
- Gaugetech display unit for monitoring EMS

Other:

- G2 Brake caliper paint - black
- Hawk HPS Brake pads
- Stoptech Stainless Steel brake lines
- EBC Slotted/Dimpled Front Brake rotors
- Cobalt G3000 rear rotors
- Vented OEM hood
- Matrix RS3.5 Alarm w/2 way remote (Remote starter and accessory options have not been connected, I merely wanted the alarm and immobilizer features)

The car has been garage kept. The maintenance has been performed regularly. I have taken meticulous care of the car since I have had it and especially since I have had the turbo kit. I check the engine oil/coolant/brake fluid etc... before starting the car every time. Other basic stuff has been has been checked regularly.

Car is mechanically sound; it runs perfectly fine. I have had all work professionally done to ensure that everything was done properly. I have had the turbo kit since the beginning of last year (~Feb '06). Since then I have put 9,077 miles on the car. The turbo kit is tuned for 12 psi on a very conservative tune. I never felt like I wanted to go for peak HP numbers right away that is why I have kept the boost low. The car has more than enough power to have fun. I had plans for raising the boost in the near future, however as you can see, I have now put the car up for sale.

The way it is set up right now, it is a perfect daily driver. There is no need to take the car above 4000-4500 rpm for any normal driving situation. There is more than enough power at this rpm to get up to speed, pass, or any other "normal driving." I usually see ~20 mpg for mixed driving with a little bit of "fun" driving thrown in. Highway gas mileage goes up to ~26-28 mpg. Not that gas mileage matters when you're looking for performance, but just thought I'd throw that in there The thing I love about this car is it is really tame at lower RPMs but once you take it up in the RPM band and give it some throttle it is a completely different beast.

In addition to everything listed above, The following parts will also be included with the sale of the car (however I reserve the right to remove them from this sale as I see fit if feel that the offer made too low. I am very flexible with all of this so we should be able to work something out.):

- 5Zigen GN+R Bronze wheels 18x7.5" +48mm F / 18x8.5" +48mm R (2 of these wheels are scuffed and slightly damaged, overall I'd say they aren't in the best condition, but they are perfect for a second set of tires. I was planning on getting All Season or Winter tires mounted on these to use in bad weather if necessary.)
- OEM Amber Diffusers
- OEM Diffusers
- OEM ECU
- OEM header
- OEM catalytic convertor (one of the flanges is cut off)
- OEM heatshields

I'll say this up front so I don't disappoint anyone: Unfortunately I cannot allow any test drives. I will be more than happy to demonstrate what the car can do, but I would rather not risk letting someone else test drive the car.

I will be posting some newer pictures of the car, but until then here are some older pictures of the car that are still fairly accurate:

This picture was taken a little under 2 weeks ago:

The following 2 pictures were taken at about about 6:30PM EST on 3/13/07

Asking price $20,000 obo

Update 1/30/07: 2 changes:
1) updated mileage
2) Competition Iron Man clutch and lightened Flywheel installed and no longer available separately.

Update 3/6/07: 1 change:
1) Updated mileage

Update 3/7/07: 1 change:
1) Lowered asking price

Update 3/13/07: 1 change:
1) Uploaded new pictures

Update 6/8/07: 1 change:
1) Lowered asking price

Update 6/11/07: a few changes
1) Updated mileage
2) A few small changes to clarify mileage and time at which turbo kit was installed.
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=CaptKirk,Nov 28 2006, 06:56 PM] After seriously thinking about it, I've decided to sell my car.
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by speed_bump,Nov 28 2006, 07:11 PM
You will regret it. Trust me I know. But good luck on the sale.
After having driven it for the past 2 weekends in a row... I know I will regret it. I will miss it A LOT...

It just started to really hit me after I posted these threads...
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:23 PM

It's only too late when you hand over the title.
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:32 PM

wanna trade headlights?
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:47 PM

Updated Exterior pics:

Interior pics will be up soon...
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:47 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Dang Naveed, say it aint so! Trade for an NA s2000

Good luck with the sale and FREE BUMP!
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by rev2k,Nov 28 2006, 07:32 PM
wanna trade headlights?
At this time I would like to sell the car as is. I don't want to part it out or swap parts or anything.
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by S2KinVA,Nov 28 2006, 07:47 PM
Dang Naveed, say it aint so! Trade for an NA s2000

Good luck with the sale and FREE BUMP!
Unfortunately it is man... I just can't use the car for what its meant for: driven for fun...

and I dont want to get another car right now. Its going to suffer the same fate as this car... just sit there. And also, im going to have to let this car work its way out of my system before I can try getting into another car again...

Thanks though
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

The trade part was a joke . I know how you feel, I was ready to get rid of mine a month ago but the Mrs talked me out of it.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 S2000 Berlina/Blk