Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia
View Poll Results: Will you be attending ?
Yes
80.43%
No
19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

First Cruise of 2013 -- 30th March

Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been back to work for two weeks and they are killing me. I haven't had a day off since coming back. I'm still trying to pull for this date off but I'd have so much to do to my car for that kinda drive. Oil change, put my rims on, wash, wax etc etc. I hate working seasonally.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

I'll add a +1 to paint chips, my front bumper looks like Swiss cheese.

However I am planning on doing a full detail this weekend so it'll at least look somewhat respectable.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by RPhil
Originally Posted by loksfst' timestamp='1363794186' post='22416004
[quote name='JhammS2K' timestamp='1363785844' post='22415681']
So my S isn't in tip top cosmetic shape (I was waiting for better weather to install and paint ap2 front bumper and oem lip) and I'm a little self conscious about it but this will be my first cruise in the s2k and I can't miss it. I'm so excited!
Mine is beat all to hell but I still love her so dont worry about it! My front bumper has more chips and scratches than you can believe from following to close at 100+ mph. But she is what she is.
Same here! Daily-ing takes it toll on mine. And the previous owner had the fender replaced and the yellow doesn't match the rest of my car (one day I'll get it resprayed...).

She's still my baby though.

On another note- scheduled to get my fenders rolled this coming Sunday. Gonna give tirerack a call today and see when they can get my wheels and tires shipped so I can install them next week and be ready for the cruise
[/quote]

You guys still have 10 days to get your cars in shape before the cruise! I'm getting my AP2 front end painted and installed only a couple days before the cruise. It'll be worth it because your cars will look good for the pictures AND we'll be doing the S2000 name well lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by zhashmi
Originally Posted by RPhil' timestamp='1363796385' post='22416096
[quote name='loksfst' timestamp='1363794186' post='22416004']
So my S isn't in tip top cosmetic shape (I was waiting for better weather to install and paint ap2 front bumper and oem lip) and I'm a little self conscious about it but this will be my first cruise in the s2k and I can't miss it. I'm so excited!
Mine is beat all to hell but I still love her so dont worry about it! My front bumper has more chips and scratches than you can believe from following to close at 100+ mph. But she is what she is.
Same here! Daily-ing takes it toll on mine. And the previous owner had the fender replaced and the yellow doesn't match the rest of my car (one day I'll get it resprayed...).

On another note- scheduled to get my fenders rolled this coming Sunday. Gonna give tirerack a call today and see when they can get my wheels and tires shipped so I can install them next week and be ready for the cruise
[/quote]

You guys still have 10 days to get your cars in shape before the cruise! I'm getting my AP2 front end painted and installed only a couple days before the cruise. It'll be worth it because your cars will look good for the pictures AND we'll be doing the S2000 name well lol.
[/quote]
I agree with zaki, you guys should spend some time over the weekend and dress those cars up man. LOL

I am getting my car fixed next week and will be getting her back on Friday evening. I cant stand a scratch on my baby's body
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by zhashmi
Originally Posted by RPhil' timestamp='1363796385' post='22416096

[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you paying for just the paint? I have a guy who gave me a good price, but he's very busy and not sure when he can do it, it's starting to bother me so I might start looking elsewhere to get it done.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM

My ap1 bumper and pass fender are damaged from a lil snap oversteer lesson I learned when I first bought the car. I have everything I need parts wise I just don't know if ill have the money to get it sprayed before the cruise.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mo19249
Originally Posted by zhashmi' timestamp='1363797353' post='22416146
[quote name='RPhil' timestamp='1363796385' post='22416096']

[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree with zaki, you guys should spend some time over the weekend and dress those cars up man. LOL

I am getting my car fixed next week and will be getting her back on Friday evening. I cant stand a scratch on my baby's body
[/quote]
I'm glad you have money like that. I'm supporting my elderly grandparents. So bills and everything to do with them comes first. Plus when you do landscape design you have to work weekends. I'll have the car detailed if I make it out. But I'm not spending the money to have the bumper painted when I have house taxes due and meds to buy for my grandmother.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Originally Posted by zhashmi' timestamp='1363797353' post='22416146
[quote name='RPhil' timestamp='1363796385' post='22416096']

[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you paying for just the paint? I have a guy who gave me a good price, but he's very busy and not sure when he can do it, it's starting to bother me so I might start looking elsewhere to get it done.
[/quote]

I PM'd you the price, the guy I'm going to will be back on the 25th from his vacation, so Mo and I are also cutting it close too... I'm really hoping it'll be done before the 30th.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

You guys are silly..

I'll have my car clean and semi-detailed but I'm not going to respray my car haha.

I can't wait to put some faces to names. Mo, you should get "hello, my name is..." stickers so we can write our username and real name and stick them on our shirts.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
You guys are silly..

I'll have my car clean and semi-detailed but I'm not going to respray my car haha.

I can't wait to put some faces to names. Mo, you should get "hello, my name is..." stickers so we can write our username and real name and stick them on our shirts.
Haha, well I'm not getting this done only for the OC cruise. It just happens that the cruise is a couple days after I'm getting this painted. I've been saving and planning to get my lip and AP2 bumper painted for a while now.

I agree with the name idea.

Quick Reply: First Cruise of 2013 -- 30th March