Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Exhaust Manifold/Headers

Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Manifold/Headers

So for a while now, I have wanted to get headers so that my s2k is louder, and there is a bit of torque increase. But not just any kind of loud. I do not want to get an Exhaust on my car because I like the engine sound better, and exhaust would drown alot of it out.

SO, I want headers. The thing is does anyone here have Amuse, Mugen, or J's Racing headers on their cars? Cause those are what I have narrowed my choices down to, and some feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Even Spoon feedback would be nice.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, its "header" not plural. Only one exhaust manifold, bud.

I have the Tracy Sport's exhaust manifold, and its nice. You're only going to get so much out of bolt-on's with this car. You should probably just save up, and go boost.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cid00x,Mar 1 2010, 09:03 PM
...I do not want to get an Exhaust on my car because I like the engine sound better, and exhaust would drown alot of it out.

SO, I want headers...
Sounds more like you want some sort of CAI to me.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TopGear,Mar 1 2010, 06:30 PM
Sounds more like you want some sort of CAI to me.
I already have a CAI. I have a K&N Typhoon. And I love it, but more Torque would be nice, along with a more aggressive engine sound.

Also, I said Headers because I was reffering to 3-4 different brands of headers.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cid00x,Mar 1 2010, 09:46 PM
I already have a CAI. I have a K&N Typhoon. And I love it, but more Torque would be nice, along with a more aggressive engine sound.

Also, I said Headers because I was reffering to 3-4 different brands of headers.
BUY AN INVIDIA V2 EXHAUST WITH TEST PIPE. I PROMISE YOU'LL FIND WHAT U R LOOKING FOR.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cid00x,Mar 1 2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cid00x,Mar 1 2010, 09:03 PM
So for a while now, I have wanted to get headers so that my s2k is louder, and there is a bit of torque increase. But not just any kind of loud. I do not want to get an Exhaust on my car because I like the engine sound better, and exhaust would drown alot of it out.

SO, I want headers. The thing is does anyone here have Amuse, Mugen, or J's Racing headers on their cars? Cause those are what I have narrowed my choices down to, and some feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Even Spoon feedback would be nice.

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight,Mar 1 2010, 07:27 PM
BUY AN INVIDIA V2 EXHAUST WITH TEST PIPE. I PROMISE YOU'LL FIND WHAT U R LOOKING FOR.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into that.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 PM

well let me tell you a little something about wanting to change the way your car sounds.

YOU WILL CHANGE IT MANY TIMES AND BECOME AN EXHAUST
just like the rest of us have

i am on my third exhaust at the present time. (havent had the car a yr yet) and i wanted what you wanted in the begining. but then i wanted louder and louder

right now i am running the megan drift spec. its a single exhasut with slanted muffler style. like you see on the EVO and WRX/STI. i ove it and prob wont change it till the cops write me about 45364523 tickets for it

i have read in lots of places that the stock HEADER is best off staying on your car unless you wanna spend like 2 grand one a really good one.. but in my oppiion the grains are def not worth 2 grand. if you are going to spend that i would def go with saving and boost the car. with cory on that one
Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 01S2KBROSNAN,Mar 1 2010, 08:48 PM
well let me tell you a little something about wanting to change the way your car sounds.

YOU WILL CHANGE IT MANY TIMES AND BECOME AN EXHAUST
just like the rest of us have

i am on my third exhaust at the present time. (havent had the car a yr yet) and i wanted what you wanted in the begining. but then i wanted louder and louder

right now i am running the megan drift spec. its a single exhasut with slanted muffler style. like you see on the EVO and WRX/STI. i ove it and prob wont change it till the cops write me about 45364523 tickets for it

i have read in lots of places that the stock HEADER is best off staying on your car unless you wanna spend like 2 grand one a really good one.. but in my oppiion the grains are def not worth 2 grand. if you are going to spend that i would def go with saving and boost the car. with cory on that one
Yea, Louder and Louder is nice. But I just love the engine sound....more then I love the exhaust sound. But yea, its reasons like this why I love s2ki. I get all angles. Lol.

DO any of you guys have videos of your cars? I would love to hear how they sound, as sort of a benchmark.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7whdGvGOCA [/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=805tYndLIKA [/media]&feature=related
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1XMI6qiKE [/media]&feature=related

Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifold/Headers