List updated.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure- I'll come out. Lots and lots of meets in August and Sept
Old 08-01-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by tabach0y273,Aug 1 2006, 08:35 PM
Sure- I'll come out. Lots and lots of meets in August and Sept
Exactly. Hopefully, people will stop whining that there isn't anything going on. A lot of folks on here are new to Mid-A and really don't see how much effort making big meets are. It doesn't just happen with a snap of the fingers. So if people would lay off the pm's to me saying "hey when are you doing this.. or that" then that would be great. With the wash and wax meet, we do this every couple months or so. We did one in April and one in June. It's not easy coordinating the schedules with Criswell, Nguyen and I. Criswell isn't always available. Nguyen isn't always available, and I have two careers I'm juggling. So add that all together and you have one crazy time to coordinate schedules. Don't take this the wrong way that I'm complaining, but this is mainly for the new folks with under a year under their belt, that creating and running these meets is not easy. But when we do have them, they are generally pretty enjoyable by all.

Peter
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel that we've actually had a lot more formal meets this year than in the past...

to the COs for taking the time to organize many big and useful meets this year.

And honestly, no one is stopping newer members from organizing get-togethers of their own if they feel there aren't enough meets going on. Will (KStreetDC) threw one in his parking lot - and we had a great time hanging out! As long as you show in your thread that you are organized and serious about the event, people will show.

I am tentative for this W/W, I will be out of town but may be back by Sat instead of Sun...

Oh yeah and a suggestion... can some of the newer folks edit their post to show their name, if you are coming for the first time?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM

I also will be there. This will also be my first meet. I too live right down the road.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 4theheckof_it,Aug 1 2006, 10:38 PM
Exactly. Hopefully, people will stop whining that there isn't anything going on. A lot of folks on here are new to Mid-A and really don't see how much effort making big meets are. It doesn't just happen with a snap of the fingers. So if people would lay off the pm's to me saying "hey when are you doing this.. or that" then that would be great. With the wash and wax meet, we do this every couple months or so. We did one in April and one in June. It's not easy coordinating the schedules with Criswell, Nguyen and I. Criswell isn't always available. Nguyen isn't always available, and I have two careers I'm juggling. So add that all together and you have one crazy time to coordinate schedules. Don't take this the wrong way that I'm complaining, but this is mainly for the new folks with under a year under their belt, that creating and running these meets is not easy. But when we do have them, they are generally pretty enjoyable by all.

Peter
Uhh, sorry to PM you, all I asked was roughly how often they happened.

If that's whining, my most humble apologies.

Won't happen again.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vapor,Aug 2 2006, 03:48 PM
Uhh, sorry to PM you, and I thought my PM was quite polite. I wasn't trying to "press" anyone, all I asked was roughly how often they happened.

Won't happen again.
This wasn't just for you. This was intended to everyone else also. Your pm was quite polite, and I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: EVENT! 3rd Wash and Wax! Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006