Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Driving in the SNOW 1-25-04

Old 01-25-2004, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving in the SNOW 1-25-04

What a drive home, I sure hope you all made it home safely. Sorry to have to leave early, but in hindsight, very glad I did.

The S should NEVER be driving in the snow PERIOD Well not unless you have winter snow tires or something. Took me over and hour and a half to get home. The close calls were heartbounding, mind altering, and just plain scary. The damn big ASS SUV doing 55 and blinking the headlights at me for going 15 mph, and then blowing their horns as the passed, were enough to make you start swearing... Okay, I was swearing long before that. Mostly on Laskin Road with the 18 degrees of banking that seemed to catch each S2000 like a fishing net. Had to get six people and a cop to block the traffic as they pushed me back up the hill to the flat side. Jesus, I will never do that shit again.... EVER... Repeat, I will NEVER do that SHIT AGAIN EVER...
Old 01-25-2004, 03:20 PM

Mark, are you talking about the Red Light near the sheel station? if so i had the same exact problem. i was in the right lane.. hit gas at green line.. rear of car slid downwards... so i stopped, put her in reverse and straightened out... did it again soon as i hit gas. had to get a few people to straighten me out the last time and i was finally able to get through the intersection. look back and the guy that helped me out.. it happened to him too.

hope everyone else got home okay too

chad
Old 01-25-2004, 03:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black Nugget
Mark, are you talking about the Red Light near the shell station?

Yeap, that is the one, what a pain in the ass that was. I pulled into the station after they pushed me up the hill, and let all but 5lbs of air out the rear tires. Even that didn't do much to make it safer, but anything helps.

Glad to see you all again, but damn I will be glad when we can get some WARM weather again. Then we can have one hell of a drive and party.

Take care and be safe.

Mark
Old 01-25-2004, 03:31 PM

i honestly think that everyone was getting stuck there. that is crazy. they should defintly close that section off..

chad
Old 01-25-2004, 05:49 PM

It's ok you can laugh at the SUV when his ML gets stuck in the snow after it gains another inch

Dan
Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM

I took delivery of my Sebring 04 today, and it started to snow on my way home, it wasn't that pleasant, especially when there were plow trucks on the road left and right...
Old 01-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, Mark, and Chad all got stuck in front of that Shell station. The road slants big time there - I can understand how that would be trouble. How did Dan (1a Race) do in that spot?

So Mark - was your daughter freakin' out too?

I've gotta say, this is my first time drving a S2000 in the snow and it was not fun at all
I'm glad we all got the opportunity to get together and say goodbye and good luck to Davey, but the next time we've got a meet planned and snow is a possibility - I will be staying home and telling everyone to do the same or driving something else.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:04 PM

i think everyone (even non-S owners) got stuck at the shell station.

chad
Old 01-26-2004, 02:47 AM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Poindexter
Old 01-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

I knew you guys were in trouble when I saw that snow in the parking lot pic! I'm so glad y'all made it home safely, if slowly. Like Dan, I have Dunlop SP5000s on the back.

Quick Reply: Driving in the SNOW 1-25-04