Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Do you have an extra set of wheels/tires?

Old 06-10-2014, 01:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do you have an extra set of wheels/tires?

I thought I'd post this inquiry for folks in and around the Richmond vicinity. I want to send my 18 inch rims to Ye Old Wheelshop in MD...but in the interim I'd rather not have to leave The Bruise Banana up on jack stands for 4 to 5 weeks. So I thought I'd ask if anybody happens to have an extra set of rims with rubber on them...would you mind lending them to me for a little over a month? I would be willing to pay for the 'time/use borrowed' as long as it's reasonable.

Hoping someone can help out in the Richmond or surrounding areas (say within an hours drive from Richmond). I would be willing to pick up and return. Rim size really doesn't matter...but it would be nice if the offsets/fitment were reasonable.

Thanks in advance!
- w1ngman
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have my original AP1's with tires you could use. I'm in Hampton. I know Bill comes your way often, maybe he could transport?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Wingy, are you coming up to drop off the wheels at YOWS? It's right near my work (and a few other s2ki'ers).
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Cory, that'd be AWESOME!!!

...."Oh, Biiiiiiiiiiiill!"

Tep...I hear ya! I'll definitely try to coordinate a visit if the logistics seem reasonable for a eats meet, etc. (of course I'd be traveling up that way in a pickup truck, not The BB.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by C Ory
I have my original AP1's with tires you could use. I'm in Hampton. I know Bill comes your way often, maybe he could transport?
Cory... Could we arrange it so that I pick them up from your shop this coming Friday...around noon? Maybe take you to lunch for your troubles? Bill likely join us too?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Come and get 'em. No lunch required. I can't leave during the day. I'm here till 5 Mon-Fri. And can arrange a weekend pick-up if needed.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:01 PM

This Friday would be terrific... My wife is taking two of her horses out of state for dressage competitions, so I tend to opt to take a PTO day when I assume the duties of #BarnBiotch for the remaining horses . I'll feed in the morning, putter around the farm for about an hour, and then head out your way to arrive around noon. Bill texted me that he'd likely still meet me at your shop, and then I guess he and I will grab some lunch. I'd like to hit up a Chinese buffet and/or sushi joint...any suggestions? And maybe I could bring something back for you since you're chained to the shop . I'll want to head back towards Richmond at a reasonable enough time such that, even considering traffic, I'm back home to feed horses dinner by 5:30pm

Could you PM me an addy to the shop when you have a sec?

Thanks again!

Dave
Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TepEvan
Wingy, are you coming up to drop off the wheels at YOWS? It's right near my work (and a few other s2ki'ers).
If I were to plan to make a trip up there around lunch-time on June 20th...think you'd be hungry? How flexible can your lunch schedule be?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sup W1ngman and TepEvan! Just dropping by to say what's up. LOL It's been awhile.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:03 PM

Lurker...

Quick Reply: Do you have an extra set of wheels/tires?