Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cruise to Ocean City- TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED

Old 08-26-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is it soo hard to get Mid Atlantic get out of their houses for a day. Come on people its a SATURDAY and we only do this kinda thing ONCE A MONTH.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by mo19249

Why is it soo hard to get Mid Atlantic get out of their houses for a day. Come on people its a SATURDAY and we only do this kinda thing ONCE A MONTH.
Well, speaking for myself:

1. The drive to Ocean City is long, boring and straight. Also, it is generally lined with cops.
2. Ocean City pretty much sucks (I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me on this one, but hey... that's my personal opinion).
3. The idea of rolling up in a line of S2ks to a German car show/event sounds like a bad scene from the next The Fast and The Furious sequel.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you asked why people aren't chomping at the bit to sign up for this ride, and these are my main reasons. Granted, I'm generally not the type of person to sign up for these types of meets anyway (I'm guessing that I'm a bit older than some of the people on here and have absolutely no interest in hanging out in a Chick Fil' A parking lot or other similar types of meets) - so my opinions probably aren't representative of the rest of the forum.

I'd be much more interested in meeting at Starbucks/Three Brothers and then going West, rather than east: Get on route 70, go over those rolling hills, then hang a right on US 15 and take a drive through the somewhat-twisty mountain roads in the Catoctin/Cunningham Falls area.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes
Originally Posted by mo19249' timestamp='1346033890' post='21966522

Well, speaking for myself:

1. The drive to Ocean City is long, boring and straight. Also, it is generally lined with cops.
2. Ocean City pretty much sucks (I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me on this one, but hey... that's my personal opinion).
3. The idea of rolling up in a line of S2ks to a German car show/event sounds like a bad scene from the next The Fast and The Furious sequel.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you asked why people aren't chomping at the bit to sign up for this ride, and these are my main reasons. Granted, I'm generally not the type of person to sign up for these types of meets anyway (I'm guessing that I'm a bit older than some of the people on here and have absolutely no interest in hanging out in a Chick Fil' A parking lot or other similar types of meets) - so my opinions probably aren't representative of the rest of the forum.

I'd be much more interested in meeting at Starbucks/Three Brothers and then going West, rather than east: Get on route 70, go over those rolling hills, then hang a right on US 15 and take a drive through the somewhat-twisty mountain roads in the Catoctin/Cunningham Falls area.
Well thank you for being honest and giving us all the reasons for yourself, but trust me the last time when we went to Ocean City, we had only 4 cars and it was a BLAST. I just wanted more cars for a caravan. There were no Cops, the weather was amazing for a top down ride. When we got there, we were the center of every one's attention.

how about you give it a try and if you dont like it, you can skip the next cruise
Secondly, im sure someone will come up with a skyline drive soon, as there were talks about it a while ago.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM

Guys/Gals,

Can you please post where you will be meeting so we can figure out the stops.

thank you
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 PM

A few buddies and I will be rolling over from CT. Look for a dumped RIO on stockies with an exhaust!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by RozayNeto
A few buddies and I will be rolling over from CT. Look for a dumped RIO on stockies with an exhaust!
You guys are coming from Connecticut ???
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 AM

I'm going to meet u guys at the Berlin shopping center
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by mear92
I'm going to meet u guys at the Berlin shopping center
Thanks mear
Old 08-31-2012, 01:33 PM

I really don't think I can make this. I'm taking half of September off already
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 PM