Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cell Phone Companies :yikes:

Old 03-29-2005, 07:58 AM
93preludeh22

dkhl, almost 2 years. Been complaining almost the entire time! They would not give me new equipment for a discounted price or for free. Not my fault they gave me CRAP phones.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am not saying verizon should or shouldn't have given you a free phone at the time. if you had the phone for less than a year, and the phone gave you problems, they should have done something about it within the first year. I believe the policy is 3 exchanges on the same product within i'm going to say 3 months and they will allow you to select a different type of phone.

Now if the phone started crapping out after 1 year, they should have offered you a FRU (field replacement unit) for $50 since the warranty is not vaid anymore.

I apologize if they didn't do any of that, and only told you to check the *228. i would be more than happy to check up on your account and find out what they did, or didn't do and get management involved.

The bottom line is that the areas you specified, should have been great Verizon Wireless coverage areas. You shouldn't have had any problems with the service, if the equipment was good. Since it wasn't, they should have at least tried something to get you a different model, even if you have to pay the $50 to get a replacement.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry about him Dave. From what my sales agent told me yesterday I was a golden goose of a customer picking up 3 service plans and a mammoth of a phone. A family plan and two cheap phones that don't work in the best coverage area don't even come close to the customer Verizon picked up yesterday
Old 03-29-2005, 10:05 AM

haha.... don't worry alex.. i'm not worried... i just wanted to understand what went wrong since i didn't want the impression to go around saying that Verizon doesn't care if you are happy or not, just as long as you fork over money for newer phones.

yeah, i would have loved to be your sales rep for this one sale. did you pick up any accessories? i'm sure they tried to sell you that.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
93preludeh22

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Mar 29 2005, 02:00 PM
Don't worry about him Dave. From what my sales agent told me yesterday I was a golden goose of a customer picking up 3 service plans and a mammoth of a phone. A family plan and two cheap phones that don't work in the best coverage area don't even come close to the customer Verizon picked up yesterday
pfft. Thanks alex!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dkhl - I just bought a car phone charger. I know I'll need that, but it sounds like the Harrier comes with just about everything else I'd need. The sales rep is a nephew to one of my employees and is also a huge S2000 enthusiast (so is his boss). Instead of talking about phones they kept asking me questions about my car

93lude - anytime bud
Old 03-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Mar 28 2005, 02:10 PM
I was not aware of the "Push" technology.
If you currently use a Blackberry, you are using push technology. In other words, emails get pushed proactively to your mobile device. All emails are automatically sent, received and synchronized continuously and in near real-time. With almost all current Palm or Pocket PC devices, you have to manually connect and wait for your emails EVERY time you want it. This "pull" method is VERY time consuming, inconvenient, uses valuable airtime and battery life, and IMHO is going backwards--especially if you've used and like a Blackberry and its push technology.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^Exactly.

OT a bit, but I'm a die hard "crackberry" fan, love the product. Almost landed a job with them but ended up elsewhere for now.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:47 PM

almost landed a job with RIM? shoo.. think about how much you would have made with their stock options!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mid-A friends!

Sorry that you are having issues with Cingular. It's great to know that SunCom customers were happy folks in Virginia. Steve, your 6560 (and Alex - you too) is experiencing decreased service because TDMA service is being pulled little by little in the markets. The drive is for customers to migrate onto GSM. Not sure if Cingular is simply accelerating that process. They also support a few TDMA markets, but primarily - they are a GSM carrier.

I will always help anyone with wireless questions/issues/etc. You don't have to be a SunCom customer for me to help you out. I wish everyone the best in finding a good phone and service plan that works for you.

-Raul (airgate)

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Companies :yikes: