Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cell Phone Companies :yikes:

Old 03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was not aware of the "Push" technology.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:59 PM
93preludeh22

I cancelled 2 of my Verizon cell phones today because they wouldn't give me better phones. I bought my wife a Nextel so I can talk to her for free with my company Nextel.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just signed up with Verizon - should have the phone on Wednesday. I'll let you all know my thoughts on the phone.

Dave - thank you for taking the time to help
Old 03-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overall, and I've said it before, Nextel and Verizon tend to be the best. Like mortgages or a new car purchase, there are so many choices it can be daunting...

Do your homework, ask your friends, and find a handset that works for you.

Anyone see Blackberry's stock lately
Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93preludeh22,Mar 28 2005, 06:59 PM
I cancelled 2 of my Verizon cell phones today because they wouldn't give me better phones. I bought my wife a Nextel so I can talk to her for free with my company Nextel.
what you mean they wouldn't give you better phones? did your's break? did you not want to pay for newer phones? were you entitled to new phones? please clearify.... i don't see how Verizon wouldn't give you better phones... i'm sure something could have been worked out..

Verizon has a policy where if you sign up for 2 years, after 2 years, they give you $100 off any phone.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:30 PM

Alexz, keep me updated....since I am in the same boat.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:48 AM
93preludeh22

dkhl,. here's the problem. I usually carry 2 phones, my work phone and my personal phone. Personal is a Verizon.,

I drive from Baltimore -> Gaithersburg everyday and I am unable to get signal with my Verizon phone ANYWHERE up I-95 or the backroads I take. I don't even get a signal in Gaithersburg. I've complained about this phone for over 6+months and it has become basically a paperweight attached to my hip. I have to use my work phone to talk to my wife,. (We both have Verizons on a family plan.)

My Verizon phone also didn't work while I was in Mississippi for 6months last year.

I wanted them to upgrade/fix my phones and they didn't do crap for me. I brought it to their service place more than once and all they do is that *228 crap that doesn't do a darn thing. Also, if I do get a signal with my Verizon phones I get dropped phone calls CONSTANTLY and the receiving end hears nothing from me.

</rant>
Old 03-29-2005, 02:50 AM
93preludeh22

P.S. They wanted $280 for new phones so I said screw that and I'm paying the $350 to just cancel them.

I also had service with Verizon for almost 2 years now. Worthless for me to upgrade considering the service I've received.

Thanks/
Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93preludeh22,Mar 29 2005, 07:48 AM
I drive from Baltimore -> Gaithersburg everyday and I am unable to get signal with my Verizon phone ANYWHERE up I-95 or the backroads I take. I don't even get a signal in Gaithersburg. I've complained about this phone for over 6+months and it has become basically a paperweight attached to my hip. I have to use my work phone to talk to my wife,. (We both have Verizons on a family plan.)
Weird. That'd definitely have to be your phone specifically, since I had no coverage gaps anywhere between 495 and the NJ Turnpike on 95. I did that trip to and from there twice in the past couple months.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 03-29-2005, 07:54 AM

i have to agree with jnn4v. The washington/baltimore area is one of the biggest and most concentrated coverage areas for Verizon. For you to be not receiving a signal especially on I95 and 495 is going to be the result of the phone. I don't know how long you had the phone, when the problem first developed, but i can tell you that they should have replaced it if it was within the 1 year warranty period. The *228 would have helped if it was a tower issue, but i am beginning to believe that it was merely the equipment that was not working.

Now, if the phones have been used for more than 1 or 2 years, and you needed to purchase new phones, yes, they will charge you for the phone, just like any other customer. If it was within the 1 year period, they should have replaced it for free.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Companies :yikes: