Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

CDC AutoX #10 Manassas VA Sept 18th

Old 09-14-2005, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post CDC AutoX #10 Manassas VA Sept 18th

Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, VA is the location of our next autocross event, on SUNDAY September 18th.

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 and will promptly close at 8:45 to try to accomodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45. So if you arrive at 8:00 you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute. If you don't get teched and registered by 8:45, you will lose your morning runs.

The event fee is $25 for members and $35 for non-members at this event. So if you plan to attend, e-mail me your name(s), make, model, year and color of your vehicle.

There is a freeze on membership unless already arranged prior to September 4th.

Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time. Open reservations for non-members for this event begins September 10th. To reserve a spot, e-mail Ed Chan your

Full name
make
model
year
color of your vehicle
CDC number (if applicable)
Event date:

If you are a member and want to participate, I suggest that you reserve your spot as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ed Chan directly or PM me and I can help you out.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill try agian to make it...
Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 PM

I'm signed up but my replacement rim came in and was damaged so I have to wait for another one. It might make it here by Friday, but if it doesnt and I can't find anyone to lend me an AP2 rear right (or a rear pair) of rims then I guess I can't run
Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 PM

I am signed up to go. This will be my first autocross. Anybody have any tips/suggestions for making this go smoothly and to keep from embarassing myself too bad.

Also, will there be extra helmets, or does everyone have to bring their own? Are shorts and a t-shirt fine?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a limited number of loaner helmets. Your choice of clothing is fine.

Tips? Don't worry about time... drive the course to get the hang of just "seeing" the course. Sometimes picking up the cones is a little tricky when you first get started. This is the perfect group to do your first autox with... very helpful- no haters.

Pete, perhaps we can meet up to exchange that exhaust. No promises.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:19 PM

wow shocker, 3312dc says he will be there. well i will defiantely be there.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:26 PM

I think I read somewhere that you have to take your spare tire out. Is this true? If so, do you just leave it at home?

Also, what is the format? How long do the runs last, how many runs, etc.? What time will the whole thing be finished?

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by PatentedS2k,Sep 14 2005, 06:26 PM
I think I read somewhere that you have to take your spare tire out. Is this true? If so, do you just leave it at home?

Also, what is the format? How long do the runs last, how many runs, etc.? What time will the whole thing be finished?

Thanks for any info.
Just take it out and leave it in the parking lot. Nobody will mess with your shit. You have to take out your spare and your floor mats.

Don't know what you mean about the format? There's no real competition, its just racing to get the fastest time of the day, but for those of us (like myself) that know we won't be setting the fastest time of day, its just racing against yourself for fun.

There are 6 runs, 3 morning runs, 3 afternoon runs. You get placed in a heat when you get there and either run with your heat first and then work the course the 2nd half of the heat or vice versa. Working just means going on onto the course and radioing in incase someone hits a cone and then running out (when its safe) to fix the cone.

As far as when it ends, it usually ends around 3-4pm, but it varies. Course length also varies depending on the layout, the courses usually don't last more than a minute per lap though.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:33 PM

I appreciate all the advice. Hopefully I will see some of you there. I will be the guy looking real confused and knocking over cones.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Sorry, one final question. Does anyone use the seat-belt locking device? A guy at work said it was great and that it really helped him with positioning. He has an Audi, so they are very different seats, but I was wondering it they are helpful for the S. Also, is there anywhere to get one around here since they are sold out in the marketplace?

Quick Reply: CDC AutoX #10 Manassas VA Sept 18th