Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cale

Old 12-12-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cales_sister_darcie,Dec 12 2008, 07:15 AM
my mom made a good point yesterday when we were on the phone.

we think cale knew that his life was supposed to be cut short, so he lived his life in fast motion making sure to experience a little bit of everything, everyone, and everywhere before his time came. and I thank God for giving him the motivation, energy, and strength to accomplish everything he did in his very long but very fast life.

cale was an amazing person, and i appreciate everything that everyone has said about him. even just commenting on his warm smile and gracious personality.

we were all blessed to have met and known him in different parts of our lives, and i know he will continue to protect us forever.

i appreciate what everyone has done with the 57 stickers and honoring him in that way
Darcie,

Thanks for joining the forum to express yourself.
I can only repeat myself in saying that, like so many others, what I've taken from Cale in two days of friendship far outweighs that which I've taken in lifetime relationships with so many others.

As a 27 year old myself, having lost other young friends, it is, at the very least, personally uplifting to see what it takes to have a truly meaningful life. I make it a point to remind myself daily that life isn't just about showing up. If you live life just looking forward to the next best thing, whether that be the weekend or your next vacation, you're giving up on making everything in between meaningful.

Anyone can have fun with a million dollars in Vegas for a night, but Cale seems (refuse to make this past tense) like one of those guys who could make digging a ditch fun.

warmest wishes,

Ryan
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by cales_sister_darcie,Dec 12 2008, 10:15 AM
my mom made a good point yesterday when we were on the phone.

we think cale knew that his life was supposed to be cut short, so he lived his life in fast motion making sure to experience a little bit of everything, everyone, and everywhere before his time came. and I thank God for giving him the motivation, energy, and strength to accomplish everything he did in his very long but very fast life.
EXACTLY, your mom has it right. He lived large, fast, with class, and most importantly he had FUN!

Still don't like the ending, but understand that is what makes life worth living. He knew, he understood.

I think I have tired, and for the most part lived the same way, but with Cale's passing, I will try and live even better, love stronger, and have even more fun... and from now on, the one more beer you see me drinking, will always be for Cale.

Mark

Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 PM

no disrespect to those who posted, but cale loved life and had no plans on living a short life and he had big plans for the future. he spoke about his future many times. he lived a full and beautiful life, and he never thought of living a shortened life. remember, he was a professional pilot. this was a tragic accident that should not have happened. cale was very smart and careful about everything that he did and had all intentions for living a full, long, and exciting life.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Late reply...

I am lost for words. I don't know what to say. I only remember Cale from WTD '07, and the fun we had there and driving back. I didn't get the chance to know him, but I feel he was sincere and upbeat. This is truly tragic. I'll miss him.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_Highlander,Dec 3 2008, 08:07 AM
I finished up my new numbers for the racecar last night and thought I'd share:

Whoever created those stickers, I hope that they have the ability to create a 2 or 3" size version of it so that we could put those on our windshields or wind deflectors.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Car54,Nov 23 2008, 09:05 PM
This from Jon Felton on the NASA forum in reference to Cale's birthday.

"Speaking of toasts, a round #57 decal identical to the graphic in some signatures on here... was on all 120+ cars at VIR this past Mon-Tues (it was the tech sticker.)"

Link
that is very cool!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by erker72,Dec 6 2008, 05:26 PM
"dream as if you'll live forever. live as if you'll die today."------james dean.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyWinters,Dec 13 2008, 06:34 PM
Late reply...

I am lost for words. I don't know what to say. I only remember Cale from WTD '07, and the fun we had there and driving back. I didn't get the chance to know him, but I feel he was sincere and upbeat. This is truly tragic. I'll miss him.
Robert... Was just thinking about you this weekend when I was thinking about that trip. Sorry that this is the thread that brought you back.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 AM

i printed out and framed the picture of cale and the three pretty girls that was taken on that saturday night. he has a huge smile on his face and i don't think that i've ever seen him happier. he's holding a #1 plaque award, with a checkered flag and champaign. he always did love to win awards for things like when he won water skiing awards after tournaments. but they didn't have three pretty girls standing there with the winner like there was in this picture.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by erker72,Dec 18 2008, 12:15 PM
i printed out and framed the picture of cale and the three pretty girls that was taken on that saturday night. he has a huge smile on his face and i don't think that i've ever seen him happier. he's holding a #1 plaque award, with a checkered flag and champaign. he always did love to win awards for things like when he won water skiing awards after tournaments. but they didn't have three pretty girls standing there with the winner like there was in this picture.
I also noticed the girls were smiling too. Not so much, in the shots with the other guys.

Quick Reply: Cale