Cale

Old 11-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT

Will Cale drive or fly first in heaven?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Cars were probably his first love according to his Father.

I'll guess drive first, fly second.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:31 AM

i'd like to share some things about cale if you don't mind. when he was born, he popped out pretty fast compared to his sister mandy. his mom also said that at the funeral. he allowed us both to have thanksgiving dinner on schedule. then cale got a really bad case of phenomonia with two ear infections and he went back to the hospital for 2 weeks. it was very serious but he pulled through. when he was very little, i was holding him in the front seat and my dad was driving. we stopped suddenly for some reason and cale slipped out of my arms. cale's head broke the front windshield, but cale was laughing and he was fine. when cale was very young, i was talking to him on the phone. he said, "dad, did you do something fun today?" i have two dvd-r discs from cale and his friends at beaver run. it's about 47 minutes total. i think he had just bought his car and he just loved it so much. i rode in it that year too, but not on a track. but more than that, he loved the comoradary of the many friends he made at the track. cale loved people. sure, i wish he would have bought a ski boat instead of the car, but flying and racing were in his blood and that's what he lived for. ok, i'll write more later about my little boy; if you don't mind.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

We don't mind at all. I think I speak for everyone when I say we welcome your thoughts and stories about Cale.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by erker72,Nov 21 2008, 12:31 PM
i'd like to share some things about cale if you don't mind. when he was born, he popped out pretty fast compared to his sister mandy. his mom also said that at the funeral. he allowed us both to have thanksgiving dinner on schedule. then cale got a really bad case of phenomonia with two ear infections and he went back to the hospital for 2 weeks. it was very serious but he pulled through. when he was very little, i was holding him in the front seat and my dad was driving. we stopped suddenly for some reason and cale slipped out of my arms. cale's head broke the front windshield, but cale was laughing and he was fine. when cale was very young, i was talking to him on the phone. he said, "dad, did you do something fun today?" i have two dvd-r discs from cale and his friends at beaver run. it's about 47 minutes total. i think he had just bought his car and he just loved it so much. i rode in it that year too, but not on a track. but more than that, he loved the comoradary of the many friends he made at the track. cale loved people. sure, i wish he would have bought a ski boat instead of the car, but flying and racing were in his blood and that's what he lived for. ok, i'll write more later about my little boy; if you don't mind.
I lost my father this year. He was only 48. My father, like me, was a pilot and racing enthusiast. It is stories much like these that brighten up my day and keep my father alive.

Keep the stories going guys.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erker72,Nov 21 2008, 03:31 PM
ok, i'll write more later about my little boy; if you don't mind.
I believe I speak for all of us when I say, please write as many things as you wish.

We sincerely appreciate every one of those stories.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman05,Nov 21 2008, 03:47 PM
I believe I speak for all of us when I say, please write as many things as you wish.

We sincerely appreciate every one of those stories.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:25 PM

It's especially helpful for people like me that didn't really know him, just having common interest and seeing communities of people unite to remember someone great.

I went to the service and thought it was a great atmosphere, in terms of spirit, having all of the stories being told.

Keep 'em coming.

Erker, do you think you'll ever want to try track events to carry the torch or to see what Cale loved so much about it?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

That 47 mins of Video at Beaverun has to be Fall Colors 05 when I first met cale. I'm pretty sure he had bought it somewhat recent as well and was just in love and awe with the car. We had a blast that weekend Especially when I first meet him in the parking lot that Friday night and he hands me a

Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by erker72,Nov 21 2008, 03:31 PM
Good stuff. That post put a little smile on my face

I especially like the part about Cale laughing after busting the windshield with his head

It's a shame I never had the chance to meet Cale. After reading all the stories and hearing all the amazingly beautiful words people have for him, it's easy to see he was someone very special to everyone who knew him. It's through telling and hearing these stories that Cale's spirit and energy live on. I gotta say, the guy's pretty inspirational... he's made me realize how much I'm missing in life and how I need to get out and enjoy it more!

Quick Reply: Cale