Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cale

Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Skip mentioned, that main piston seal could have seized up. We all know how easily those dust boots burn off, leaving the seal exposed. Maybe dirt or something else jammed up the seal to the point of seizure. This might explain his left side braking bias, no?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,735 Likes on 3,404 Posts

As a fellow driver and wanna-be racer, I want to know what happened just as badly as anyone. Even Mr. Kastanek. But I have to admit that the current conversation is getting a bit difficult to read.

I am wondering if you all wouldn't mind a new thread where a healthy discussion of any theories about what happened could be discussed.

I believe this thread was started as a way to remember Cale and to express what his memory means to us. I think I can speak for several persons when I say that the current discussion doesn't really help us relive our time with Cale or help us move past this tragedy. Again, I very much respect what people are trying to do here. I want to know, too. I just think that there is a better place to do so.

Please do not take this request as coming from a moderator. Take it as coming from a friend. I am not interested in stepping on anyone's toes. That isn't what I think I am supposed to do here... I just sincerely feel that it is best for all parties concerned that we not mix our feelings for Cale with a debate over how he was taken from us.

I'll leave it up to the parties in the current discussion to do what they feel is right.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=WhrDLMI,Nov 19 2008, 01:21 PM] I believe this thread was started as a way to remember Cale and to express what his memory means to us.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you Jeff and will leave my theories for another place. This thread should be for people to express their thoughts about Cale. We may never know exactly what happened and to some extent it really does not matter, what matters is that we respect and cherish the memories of the time we got to spend with Cale.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM

i apologize and threads should never be hijacked on any message board. i'll wait for the other thread. hopefully there will be one. it's just that i watched cale being born and now i want to understand his passing.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,735 Likes on 3,404 Posts

Originally Posted by erker72,Nov 19 2008, 01:52 PM
i apologize and threads should never be hijacked on any message board. i'll wait for the other thread. hopefully there will be one. it's just that i watched cale being born and now i want to understand his passing.
I understand, sir. I really, really do. I have the utmost respect for you and the answers you are seeking. As I said before, I want to know, too.

Please feel free to start the thread yourself and begin the discussion in any manner you see fit. You do not need to wait for anyone.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 AM

I think it's great Mr Kastanek that you DO want to know why.

Please link in this thread to the discussion that develops. I can tell you there have been MANY private email discussions as well as other auto forums that I've been a part of. There are some very experienced track guys who have have taken interest in this situation and would also like to know what happened and how we can improve our chances on the track.

Craig Brickner
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Mr. K, I too would like to know how this happened. Cale was a vibrant and wonderful part of this community. He touched many of our lives in a very special way. I hope you will initiate a thread.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Just 'cuz I hate seeing this thread falling to the bottom of the page.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 AM

I will try to get my video of the caravan out there as soon as possible. I wanted to be a part of it and was able to borrow a friend's red car for the day. I really enjoyed driving it, too. It was very cool to see so many S2K's in a row on I-270/70. I led them all into the funeral home on Friday, and wanted Skip and Rob to be able to see it, but they got there later. It was moving, to say the least.

Brian Hair

Quick Reply: Cale