Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Cale

Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 510 Likes on 303 Posts

I just ran across this terrible news. I am too numb at the moment to respond with anything more than my heart felt condolences go out to his family and his friends and loved ones including all of us in the S2000 community that had the good pleasure to know him.

God's speed Cale.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got home from work and found this topic...

I only met Cale once, and it was earlier this year. I wish I had gotten to know him better - He was pretty spiffy to hang around with.

Cale, you're a wonderful driver and a welcoming part of our community, and I thank you for that - but thank you as well for being an organ donor. I'll pray for some miracle to occur where you wake up tonight before you go under the knife, but if you do not improve, then may your spirit live on the the lives you give to others. It takes a very selfless person to give their body literally to others.

Cale, you and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

Whoever is close to the family, can you please keep us updated?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hobbs5313,Nov 10 2008, 08:35 PM
I think this tragedy will make some of our track guys rethink about tracking at all. I know it crossed my mind, but I think Cale would want us to keep going. I know one of my fondest memories of him will be driving with him. He was one of my s2ki instructors along with George. I'll miss him.
Same here.

I promise I will keep going and I know he is out there guiding and protecting me.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiQUiD iCE,Nov 10 2008, 10:15 PM
I want to thank Jeff for organizing the impromtu meet tonight to bring us together.

RIP Cale.
I agree. Thank you, Jeff!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM

I only had the pleasure of talking to him a couple times, but I quickly realized he was a good guy. He will be sorely missed by many.

Condolences to his family, and to all those who were lucky enough to be considered his friends.

R.I.P. Cale
Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Wow, I haven't been on his forum for quite some time. I've been so busy with our Scion TA car, etc. I actually found out through Ross's FB page. I put two and two together and came across this thread. I've only met Cale once or twice at an autocross and also at one of the RTA event.

Cale was definitely a great guy to talk to. Just from talking to him once or twice I could tell that he was a true car nut, like most of us here. I too wanted to to send my condolences out to his family. RIP Cale.

- Toan
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have so enjoyed reading these comments/stories. Thank you all for taking the time to post. I'm sure the family/friends will likewise enjoy them.

To the folks that were able to make it out tonight, thank you. I know others wanted to, but just couldn't. Those that didn't are no less devastated by this loss. I know it was good for me to see folks celebrating Cale's spirit.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 PM

R.I.P. Cale. So sad to here.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by jfo,Nov 10 2008, 03:13 PM

I remember the first time he drove up and showed me that ribbon magnet/sticker on the back of his car. I still don't know where he found it because I looked all over for one myself and haven't had any luck.

"I support Lap Dancers"
http://www.goneblue.com/sulapdama.html

Got it. And I for one will be buying a couple...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a close friend of Cale's since elementary school. I live out in Los Angeles now, but was extremly lucky to have just hung out with Cale on Wednesday last week. He flew in and drove right from the airport to meet me and some friends for a mountain bike ride. He was in excellent shape. I was totally beat trying to crawl back up the hill and Cale was barely breathing hard. Afterwards we all grilled up some steaks and had a few beers. It was a great visit, I'm really happy to have another fond memory to add to the many with this guy. I would go anywhere and do anything for Cale and I know he would absolutely do the same. I will miss him the rest of my life.

I've been tracking this thread, its really nice to read some of the things everybody has to say. As much as Cale loved his car, it was clear what he really enjoyed was the friendships and fun times had with everyone on this forum and at the track.

Cale introduced me to track days. A family friend of his is a PCA instructor for the Allegheny region. We drove out to meet him at Nelson Ledges OH and watched a pair of instructors in a 944 turbo and FD rx7, both very well prepared, squeeze every last hundreth out of the track while taking turns as the leader. We were both hooked.

I bought a porsche 951 project car 3 years ago and Cale has been bugging me to finish it the entire time. He was riding me about it again on wednesday. I'm gonna dedicate the build to him and run 57 on my car going forward. He was planning to tow or drive his s2k all the way across the country once my car was done so we could drive Laguna Seca together. We may not get to do that now, but I'll make sure there's always a few s2ks around so he can see me running circles around them from the grandstands in the sky.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. I will pass what you said on to the crowd of friends and family gathering in MD.

Cale you will be greatly missed by many. I'm proud to have been your friend for so many years. Godspeed.

Dan G
www.eVileNgineering.com

Quick Reply: Cale