Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Busted!!

Old 03-25-2002, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted!!

Welps I got my first ticket in my S this weekend. Cop tagged me going 74 (really going 85) on a posted 55 on RT 270 S bound. It was a legit ticket and I will have to pay to play. Since I am concerned about getting points on my record I am going to try to fight it (more like begging on my knees for a break ). One of the things I'm going to try is to reschedule the court date. Does anyone know if this still works?? I've heard from somewhere that the courts now reschedule to the officers next available court appearance. Also I received a ticket in VA 5 months ago, does anyone know if points received in VA will show up in Maryland DMV/court system? If all else fails I am praying that the judge will allow me to take driving school.
Old 03-25-2002, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well John, sorry to hear that you got the speeding ticket.
It is far too easy to get unwanted attention from cop in car like ours.
I hope you get a break from the judge.

I've got my share of tickets when I first got the car but since the final gear upgrade I've been doing ok. When my car is going actually 10miles slower than posted on the speedo makes me not go as fast as I normally would.

I hope this is your last ticket for you.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:51 AM

Thanks Randy. Since this is my first ticket in MD I am hoping to catch a break. But who knows, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm re-thinking the rescheduling idea now, I think I'll just show up to court and beg for forgiveness from the almighty judge .
Old 03-26-2002, 10:33 AM

Tickets suck! Sorry to here about that.

I am also curious to know if those points will show in Maryland or Virginia. Try to delay, if all else fails begg for driving class.
Old 03-30-2002, 04:29 AM

I recently finished off one... I was doing 64 in a 45 zone. I went to court here in Henrico and the very, very, very nice judge reduced it from 19 over to 0-9 over, resulting in a much smaller effect on my driving record. This particular judge didn't give school for speeding (only lights, failure to yeild, etc) and he was scheduling alternative dates around the officer's convenience.

I hope things turn out ok!
Mark
Old 04-01-2002, 08:13 AM

Well I did it again, had a brain fart and got myself another fat ticket from the Rockville popo this past weekend. Greg, Jessica and I were heading up to Regal cinema to catch Blade 2 (BTW great movie, well except for some cheesy lines) on Friday and I got tagged for going 49 on a 30 mph posted oops.

And to cap off that night I noticed some oil leak from the #4 cylinder so my car will be getting dropped of at Jim C. this Thursday . When it rains it pours I guess.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by machokow
...so my car will be getting dropped of at Jim C. this Thursday . When it rains it pours I guess.
Look at the brite side: at least you're fairly unlikely to get a ticket while the car is in the shop!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:16 AM

damn John - that really sucks...I'll remember not to follow you on our next meets Maybe we should rename you machoticket
Old 04-02-2002, 07:08 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of MachoSammy (as in Hagar). And it just goes to show that cops sometimes do pass up the red car w/ spoiler and loud exhaust to pick on the "invisible" silver car.

At least in Rockville!
Old 04-02-2002, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot, John another one?
You weren't even going that fast.
I guess they are really enforcing 'Smooth Operator' program.

Sorry to hear about another problem.

I am sure sun will come up pretty soon after a great monsoon.

I better be extra careful since John's car looks bit similar to mine.

Quick Reply: Busted!!