Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

bodyshop in baltimore washington area?

Old 06-01-2003, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bodyshop in baltimore washington area?

I'm in california right now for 5 weeks but just before i left i got in a slight fender bender. it was a three car accident, me being the third when i rear ended a celica in the rain. my car basically went under his bumper and isn't hurt too bad. I've got a few scratches on the nose and the front of the hood is dented a little. I think i'm going to get a top secret style hood anyway so that's not a big deal.

Can someone recommend a body shop to fix up the few scratches and install and paint my hood? Any idea how much it should cost to paint a hood sebring silver? It would be best if it's closer to Baltimore, then maybe i can get my dad to bring it for me and it'll be fixed by the time i even get home. If it's closer to DC that's no big deal either cuz i live in college park so i can just wait till i get home.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-01-2003, 03:13 PM

AutoBody Images in Elkridge. They did alot of work on mine and they did a great job. Customer service is top notch also.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:20 PM

how were they price-wise? i'm looking for such minor stuff, i'm hoping to keep it pretty cheap. thanks for the suggestion, i'll gladly take any others too...
Old 06-01-2003, 06:28 PM

I'd say Rockville Auto Body, but if you're talking about painting a CF TS style hood, they don't do aftermarket-anything.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:28 PM

well i'm thinking of buying the sebring ts style hood that "jenner" on this board has for sale. It would cost me $800 shipped and is brand new other than a test fitting. I'm assuming they would at least mount it for me at that shop, no?

Do you guys think 800 is a good price for a painted hood? I don't know how much it costs to paint something like that.

-Steve
Old 06-01-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally posted by AndyP
I'd say Rockville Auto Body, but if you're talking about painting a CF TS style hood, they don't do aftermarket-anything.
Yea, I've had my Subaru fixed after two different accidents at Ed & Jim's Body Shop in Parkville/Carney area (right on Joppa Rd.), but they don't do aftermarket parts at all. They wouldn't even touch my headlights in the Subaru But I would highly recommend them for any stock work you have
Old 06-02-2003, 05:20 PM

If you want the number for AutoBody images I can PM it to you, and hook you up with the owner. Good guy and straight shooter, he'll tell you everything you need to know.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:35 PM

that would be great damian...
Old 06-03-2003, 07:02 PM

Is there any place in the NOVA area? Maryland is too far away a drive, I have a few scratches on my car that need to be redone....
Old 06-04-2003, 06:52 AM

I sound like a broken record, but here it goes...

For NoVa collission shops here is my list:

Wagonwerks in Arlington, near Potomac Yards. Super expensive, super busy... they do PERFECT WORK and have worked on S's.

NT Auto Body, in Alexandria. Expensive, do very good work, sometimes very busy.

First Choice Auto Body in Arlington. Relatively cheap, but good work. I'd bring a domesic or an "out of pocket repair" there.

Falls Church Auto Body. Slow, sometimes pricey, sometimes difficult to deal with, but always quality work.

Don't know if any of them deal with aftermarket stuff.

If you want to see some nice wrecks, drive by Wagonwerks on Rte1. They only do imports, high-end for the most part. Their lot is full of audis and porsches. NT auto body always has a Lambo in front. They told me it was owned by some dumbass in DC who can't drive worth a SH**, and is always plowing into stuff.

Anyway, best o fluck to all of you who need work done.

Quick Reply: bodyshop in baltimore washington area?