Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Anyone know a good shop?

Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, when using the guide book it allots them an amount of time for teardown, repair and reassemble. Most shops use this to make extra money. (not bloody likely it will take 4.7 hours to fix that!)

However the paint info looks right, it includes prep sanding, base coat, clear and all drying times. Plus they will most likely paint the entire bumper.

If you are willing to drive a little, Pohanka in Fredericksburg does a great job and they have experience with the S2000... Im thinking Skip knows some folks there as well.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 AM

D&V gave it a look yesterday morning...black S2000 in their lot btw...

No need to replace the headlamp assembly, repair complete in 2-3 days depending on weather = $585.78

I guess a little pricey but I felt very comfortable with Ron because he took me back outside and explained everything that would be done and why.

My insurance seems quite happy with the quote too.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:27 AM

So if you deduct the amount of the headlight assembly that Rosenthal gave you, it's about the same as D&V. Also, you went through insurance for $585.78? Interesting....
Old 01-07-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Jan 4 2006, 11:24 AM
What a PITA...

I have the OPTION of going through insurance...what is it for anyway if you don't use it? If my insurance rates do not increase because of this incident, why WOULDN'T I use them?
Ok, so I understand that you say that your insurance rate isn't going to increase because of this incident. So then why wouldn't you want a new headlight assembly instead of getting it buffed out? I mean, after all, this isn't going against you so you might as well get new parts out of it.

Oh, and if you're calling me a "PITA" then "Thanks!" I'm always happy to oblige. Hi Buddy!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Jan 8 2006, 12:04 AM
Gee, you know you might be right. After all, the S2K is only the 10th automobile that I've owned, I must still not know how to take appropriate care of them! Amazing that I've made it almost 37 years without your advice!

Tell you what: why don't you meet me at D&V Auto Body on Monday morning at 8:00 am when I drop the car off? I'm sure Ron will be most happy to repeat the entire evaluation of my car just for you.

If not, since you did not offer any body shop suggestions as was requested in my original post, why don't you go trolling some other thread? I'm bored with this.
You crack me up lady. Trolling? Please learn the lingo before using. I'm happy you've owned 10 cars in your lifetime. You deserve a cookie. And since you're into telling me what to do, why don't I offer you something in return, and you can meet me so I can give you a cookie for your 10 cars.

As for your car, I could care less what you do to it. But if you want to post in an online forum, do understand you will get reponses. Some reponses you will like, some of them you won't. If you don't like my reponses there is an ignore button at the bottom. Please use it.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Jan 8 2006, 12:19 AM
Sure, bring the cookie...then bend over so I can shove it up your ass!

Well, that was fun...
Are you sure you're going to be able to make the meeting? I don't want you spinning out in your S along the way. And I'm not quite sure what kind of kinkiness you're into, but my anal area says "exit only". Thanks but no thanks. But I do appreciate the offer, you are so giving.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Jan 8 2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks for your concern, I know its genuine. Spinning out is easy when you're lightweight like me and enjoy pushing your car to its limits...and sometimes beyond. (I get the feeling neither is as easy to do in your car due to a heavy uneven load.)

But hey, if I should happen to spin out and do damage along the way, it will be because I was too busy lmao thinking about you wedged inside that little cabin...but at least I'll be heading to the right place!
You may have owned 10 cars in your lifetime, but I'm quite positive that you didn't learn any driving skills along the way. And please don't be sensitive about this. It's ok. Some people just don't have the ability. That's why we have insurance.

And I love how you're referencing to my weight. I would have to agree with you on some points. I wouldn't want you to be the same weight as I. That would be scary in a female.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:08 PM

I decided to delete my posts because they had nothing positive to offer this thread, they were merely childish jabs and I have more important things to do than to lower myself to that level.

Back on topic, my roommate spun her Honda Prelude on black ice near our neighborhood early Friday morning and sustained left front suspension damage. She has asked for my help in finding a local shop that can do the repair and corresponding alignment.

Please post or PM any recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Jan 8 2006, 01:08 AM
I decided to delete my posts because they had nothing positive to offer this thread, they were merely childish jabs and I have more important things to do than to lower myself to that level.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh come on, don't start deleting posts now...it's just getting good

BTW, she's had 10 cars, shouldn't you bring her 10 cookies???

Warren

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good shop?