Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Anyone know 02_vtec_monster

Old 12-11-2009 | 08:49 AM

Yeah and I found out the friend who I was speaking with was 16 so I talked to both his parents, long story short his dad basically said you trusted them and you got burned, your loss. He said without a signed contract I dont have anything on anyone, I then asked him if someone steals money from someone else but it cant be proven in courts, does it make it right? He answered yeah as long as you cant prove it, it wasnt a crime. I then respectfully said thank you goodbye and now understand why their son acts the way he does. Anyway if you help Dan please do. Thanks
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 01sTWOk,Dec 11 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah and I found out the friend who I was speaking with was 16 so I talked to both his parents, long story short his dad basically said you trusted them and you got burned, your loss. He said without a signed contract I dont have anything on anyone, I then asked him if someone steals money from someone else but it cant be proven in courts, does it make it right? He answered yeah as long as you cant prove it, it wasnt a crime. I then respectfully said thank you goodbye and now understand why their son acts the way he does. Anyway if you help Dan please do. Thanks
ZOOOOOOOOOOMG YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!??!

WHOLLY CHIT THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF...........I"M IN AWE......
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=01sTWOk,Dec 11 2009, 12:49 PM] Yeah and I found out the friend who I was speaking with was 16 so I talked to both his parents, long story short his dad basically said you trusted them and you got burned, your loss. He said without a signed contract I dont have anything on anyone, I then asked him if someone steals money from someone else but it cant be proven in courts, does it make it right?
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 01sTWOk,Dec 11 2009, 12:49 PM
wtf? I'd say that's reason enough to post up all his contact information, IMO.
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:53 AM

Bighead, my friend also told me to give only 1 seat or be more aware, but I am a trusting person and didnt think someone on the community car forums would try to steal. I was wrong lesson learned the hard way.
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:55 AM

this thread just proves why people suck . . . sounds like a family of ****heads . . .

Also, you don't need anything written to get it from them

A verbal contract is just as binding as a written one in court. Also, because there was partial performance on the verbal contract by both parties, there is now an obligation to complete the performance of the contract.

A judge would probably scold you for not getting it in writing, and for trusting a bunch of ****bags, but he would most likely see through this BS . . . especially if you could print out some PM's or something like that, verifying negotiations took place, and a deal was agreed upon, etc.
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 01sTWOk,Dec 11 2009, 12:53 PM
Bighead, my friend also told me to give only 1 seat or be more aware, but I am a trusting person and didnt think someone on the community car forums would try to steal. I was wrong lesson learned the hard way.
yeah, I've learned that the majority of people anywhere.. here, another board, life in general are real assholes who take advantage of trusting people like us. It's sad really. But with ways to publicly humiliate retards like him and his Dad (seriously, what father basically defends his son's friend's theft??) people like us can get even, haha.
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:59 AM

seriously . . . let's get some contact information
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:59 AM

I just dont have a signed paper stating the payment plans but I do have a few pm's from his account to mine printed that shows he told me he would pay me the certain amount at the sale then other amount later.
Old 12-11-2009 | 09:06 AM

that's plenty to get enforcement, as long as you can prove that the PM's were sent from an account set up in his name

that along with partial performance should be plenty to win in small claims court if you chose to go that route, judge won't tolerate some punk kid pulling off sh*t like this

and if you were to mention to the judge the actions of the father, he'd probably encourage you to press criminal charges . . . because you could get the father as an accessory

Quick Reply: Anyone know 02_vtec_monster