Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Anyone know 02_vtec_monster

Old 12-12-2009 | 07:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by J-rod,Dec 12 2009, 07:12 AM
definitely in to hear how this is resolved
Hopefully this can be resolved, but any negative feelings towards the buyer may take a while to fade. Even if he is truly innocent, people may still be suspicisious.
Old 12-12-2009 | 07:55 AM

Wooooow, hope you get your money back. Hope the "real" control_freak isnt trying to pull more games.
Old 12-12-2009 | 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by JakenBake,Dec 12 2009, 12:55 PM
Wooooow, hope you get your money back. Hope the "real" control_freak isnt trying to pull more games.
Good point. How are we going to know "control_freak" can be trusted in this community for sure?
Old 12-12-2009 | 09:04 AM

Well, no matter what happens, this has been better than my daytime soaps!
Old 12-12-2009 | 09:10 AM

Still waiting on his call...
Old 12-12-2009 | 09:47 AM
Community Organizer
15 Year Member

Old 12-12-2009 | 09:55 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by leadfootgirl,Dec 11 2009, 07:06 PM
who's that?
One of the law enforcement types on here... or at least he used to be here before I took my 2 year hiatus. Not sure where he is now. Cool guy.

But more to the point, I'm going to have to agree with what mostly everyone here has posted... the time to be nice about this has passed. I'm not advocating criminal behavior (vandalism of his car, assaulting him personally) but you should definitely seek legal recourse.

You can report the incident to the police. This was a theft. Nevermind the fact that there was no written contract... the understanding was that you would sell him the seats for a specified price, and he took both seats and ran. Honestly, the police department will probably push this to the bottom of their "to do" list, but you should file the report even if they don't do anything. That will help you down the road with a civil suit, and even if a police detective were to drop a card off at his house, it might scare him a bit. You could also go to your local magistrate and attempt to swear out a warrant against him yourself. This part is a bit iffy, because the magistrate might not issue the warrant, but it is worth a try.

Your next option is to file a civil claim against him in your local state court (General District Court in VA, not sure what it is in MD). It'll cost you all of a few bucks in filing fees. Use the addresses that have been provided to you for him so that you can attempt to have him served with process. If you can get proof of service then you're golden. If he doesn't show up to court, you can get a default judgment against him. If he does show up, present your case to the judge.

Will all of this cost you some time and a little bit of money? Yes. Is it guaranteed that you'll get your money back from him? No. But you might, and that's better than doing nothing. At least give him some heat knowing there's a police report on file and a civil lawsuit pending.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2009 | 01:53 PM

hey guys yeah i gave him my address and told him i would call him on monday so he can trust me.... when i came to pick up the seats on friday i even asked him if he wanted to see my liscense so he could write down my info but he refused but its all good guys ima make this rite and about my new username " control_freak" i got it from one of my shirts and it has a coil over set up so yea.......
Old 12-13-2009 | 04:22 AM

Why Monday? I have waited for your call since yesterday, please call me today and also you never gave me your address.
Old 12-13-2009 | 07:20 AM

^^^Uh oh! This is getting better and better. IFMD(In for more drama),LOL
Oh and he has to call you monday...how else is he going to have time to get a new phone and cancel his current number that he gave you??G/L

Quick Reply: Anyone know 02_vtec_monster