Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Any Help Appreciated!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on your description of the damage and my experiences, my guess is you'll both need new bumper covers. Fortunately, those aren't usually too expensive.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:26 AM

I had a large gash in my front lip... Im pretty sure thats the same material as the bumper. The body shop filled it with plastic and sanded it and repainted.. it cost 200ish dollars
Old 04-08-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can help you out with paint/clearcoat, if the places will let you just have them cahrge you for labor and you bring your own materials. i have lots of sandpaper/putty i can give you for free.

i have a lot of white and black s2000 paint, but too bad you don't need it.

let me know through PM or whatever...
Old 04-09-2006, 03:21 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Shady Grove always let me provide my parts but I let thier paint guy do the work as his paint matches were always
Old 04-09-2006, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by speed_bump,Apr 9 2006, 07:21 AM
Shady Grove always let me provide my parts but I let thier paint guy do the work as his paint matches were always
don't worry about matching the paint cus i mix it and i'm VERY careful, i do it ounce by ounce. if i do mix it, i'll use deltron or global. if you want, i can mix them with clear so you don't have to waste your money getting extra clear. i'm 99% i can get it for free, so the only thing you'd have to pay for is hardner and reducer so it won't be that much, probably around $30.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by lazykiwi,Apr 9 2006, 08:09 AM
don't worry about matching the paint cus i mix it and i'm VERY careful, i do it ounce by ounce. if i do mix it, i'll use deltron or global. if you want, i can mix them with clear so you don't have to waste your money getting extra clear. i'm 99% i can get it for free, so the only thing you'd have to pay for is hardner and reducer so it won't be that much, probably around $30.
Mixed with clear? Interesting.........

Don, if you need body work advice just pm me.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 AM

yea I've been through a few rear ending issues in my younger days I think twice, I dont remember the first one, but the second one I rear ended an older man in a Benz who started to go on a yield when it was completely clear and then stopped for no reason when I was looking to see if it was clear for me. Just taught me that you always gotta assume that people are gonna do the dumbest things possible and more often than not they will.

anyway that was a benz and cost like $350 to get his color painted but I'm almost sure they'll sand/repaint it, or possibly like jnn4v said give them a new cover, don't think it will cost you more than $200-$300, if it does, you might wanna get another estimate.

Hope that helps
Old 04-09-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look at the bright side, looks like its time for you to get an aftermarket front bumper! jeebus works in mysterious ways...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:28 PM

Thanks for all your posts and lookin out Sorry I've been MIA, but I havent been in the office or at home, hence no internet access.

To update the story, they took it to Delta Autobody in Rockville.
Quote = $720
They wanted to repair the rear floor pan. TOTAL BS!!! It wasn't even touched!!

They agreed to another estimate and we took it to Shady Grove Auto Care. Bobby took a look at it and gave an estimate of $450.
They showed him the previous estimate and he said the rear floor pan is BS also.

To resolve the discrepancy about the floor pan we agreed that we would take it to the dealer and have them give an estiamte.
They came back with $400 and said the floor pan does not need to be replaced.

The guy at the dealership that did the estimate kept saying that this is the estimate for now and will not know if the floor pan is damaged at all until the take off the bumper. This is even after looking on the inside through the trunk.

Well, after the girl heard that, she said she wanted to go to the dealership and neither of the other shops. I tried pushing for Shady Grove, but she didn't want to. Sooooooooooo it goes to the dealership tomorrow.

I'll keep everyone posted. And might take some of you up on your offers of help for my bumper repair.

Thanks again guys!!!

Although, driving tonight, I ran into another major problem. See my other thread that I'll post once I write it up in a few.
Man, when it rains.....it pours!!!!

UPDATE:
Here's the other thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=22&t=377357
Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In case this ever happens again, the first words out of your mouth should be - "No Problem folks, I know the best painter in the area and I'll have the spots I hit looking good as new for you". Get their phone number and information and take off.

Then you start looking around for Auto Paint people (the ones who paint dealerships' lot damage outside). Many times I've seen these guys do much better work than a body shop and they charge waaaaay less - and get it done in half the time. It sounds like that is who this dealership is using anyway, but now the dealership is marking up the job. I bet the paint guy charges the dealership $150-$200.

Anyway - if you had said all that from the get-go you would have avoided this stupid floor pan and probably would have saved some money and heartache.

Sorry about your new problem - I don't have a better suggestion for that than what you'll probably find on S2Ki.

Quick Reply: Any Help Appreciated!