Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Any Help Appreciated!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Any Help Appreciated!

Last night I rearended someone. I was approaching a green light with a car (new model toyota corolla) in front of me and we were going about 45 mph. When the car in front of me was approximately 20 feet from the light, the light turned yellow. At which point they slammed on the brakes. I proceeded to slam on mine and lay on the horn. I ended up ligthly hitting the car. The car had come to a complete stop before the light even turned red and had they been 1 ft forward I would not have hit them.

Anyway, the situation is that they want to take it to a body shop and get an estimate. They said depending on the estimate they will determine if they want to go through insurance companies.

Looking at the damage, there is only very minimal cosmetic damage to their rear bumper. I was able to rub away almost all of the marks with my thumb. There was about a 4" line on one of the edges that looked to have been scraped down to the polyurethane and another mark about the size of a dime right below that line. Everything else was rubbing off.

Does anyone have any recommendations on body shops in the rockville area that are legit?

Can someone give me some info on what needs to be done to fix this bumper? I am not familiar with body work, especially on poly.

Will the whole bumper need to be replaced? Is it possible to just lightly sand down and respray it?

ANY help and info is appreciated!!!!

They already have it in one shop getting an estimate this morning, Delta Autobody which is right near Randolph and Rockville Pike.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:48 AM

Rockville Auto Body, ask for Paul (W Gude and Taft Ct)

or

Shannon Auto Body

or

In & Out Auto Body (lol) (W Gude and Taft Ct)
Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 AM

Were you the one that recommended Rockville Auto Body in another thread?

Did you take your porsche and truck there?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:55 AM

NM, not the shop I thought it was.

There is one up off of shady grove and i cant remember the name of it.

Anyone know which one I am talking about?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm so used to yellow meaning 3-4 more cars go through (and red meaning 1-2 more cars) that I've almost been caught in the same situation lately. You mentioned the damage to their car, but how did your S fare?

-Aaron
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear, Don. Hope it all works out.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:27 AM

My bumper is scraped up. It'll need to be lightly sanded and resprayed is my guess. That is, if you can sand urethane. Like I mentioned, I am not too familiar with working on urethane and not sure what you can or cant do with it. I think it's a little too much damage for a polishing compound to take it all out.

Right now, it'll probably have to stay as it is since it's only a cosmetic issue and not mechanical

The place I was referring to above is Shady Grove Auto Care. Located about a mile from the shady grove exit off of 270. You take shady grove east and make a left at the first light. Youll come to a stop sign and you make a right. Its on your right hand side. I just called them and will probably have them take it in there for an estimate.

I also might give Rockville Auto Body a call.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:34 AM

That sucks man sorry to hear it... Don't have any recommendations for you...but hope it gets taken care of with little to no headache
Old 04-06-2006, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SwansS2K,Apr 6 2006, 10:27 AM
My bumper is scraped up. It'll need to be lightly sanded and resprayed is my guess. That is, if you can sand urethane. Like I mentioned, I am not too familiar with working on urethane and not sure what you can or cant do with it. I think it's a little too much damage for a polishing compound to take it all out.

Right now, it'll probably have to stay as it is since it's only a cosmetic issue and not mechanical

The place I was referring to above is Shady Grove Auto Care. Located about a mile from the shady grove exit off of 270. You take shady grove east and make a left at the first light. Youll come to a stop sign and you make a right. Its on your right hand side. I just called them and will probably have them take it in there for an estimate.

I also might give Rockville Auto Body a call.
if you talk to Paul, mention Bill Johnson... he'll look after ya.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SwansS2K,Apr 6 2006, 08:53 AM
Were you the one that recommended Rockville Auto Body in another thread?

Did you take your porsche and truck there?
That was me Shady Grove Auto Care 301 987 8400 talk to Dave

EDIT: I see you found it.

Quick Reply: Any Help Appreciated!