Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

AM Speed Trap on Hwy 100 in MD

Old 08-17-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM Speed Trap on Hwy 100 in MD

Heads up MD folks!!

This morning at about 5:30 AM (my normal commuting time of day) a trooper was using his LASER gun to pick off speeders on MD 100 around Snowden River PKWY. My V-1 picked up on it - I think he was puting his toy away when it went off. Fortunately I was in the middle lane only doing 65 or so and he pulled over another poor soul in the fast lane.

This is the first time I've noticed them using their LASER toy this early in the morning, usually they just use RADAR that time of day - which the V-1 has saved me a bunch of times. However, I don't think anything short of jamming probably will save you against LASER.

Hopefully this was a one time deal, I'm definitely going to slow it down on 100 on my morning commute for a while.

Be careful out there!!

John
Old 08-17-2004, 02:37 PM

TOOOO LATE!!!!!
I got invited to pull my S to the side of the road at 5:00am on Rte 100 just before Snowden River Parkway. Sadly I was the ONLY one on the road. The state revenue generating officer got me dead to rights...65mph.

I thought I had him because I could not find a posted speed limit sign between the beginning of RTE 100 and where he got me. Sadly, he kindly referred to the 55 MPH sign that I failed to see before the Executive Park Drive exit. So much for that loop hole.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:06 PM

I used to drive that way everyday very popular area for a cop to hang out.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:18 PM

is the v-1 really worth the money that it costs?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon_F6,Aug 17 2004, 05:37 PM
TOOOO LATE!!!!!
I got invited to pull my S to the side of the road at 5:00am on Rte 100 just before Snowden River Parkway. Sadly I was the ONLY one on the road. The state revenue generating officer got me dead to rights...65mph.

I thought I had him because I could not find a posted speed limit sign between the beginning of RTE 100 and where he got me. Sadly, he kindly referred to the 55 MPH sign that I failed to see before the Executive Park Drive exit. So much for that loop hole.
THey pull you over for 65MPH???? Wow, that sucks. I thought we have around 10mph break..I guess not...I guess I will drive Rt100 slower...
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 AM

I will never go more than 7mph over the limit on Rt 100. The cops are alllll over that road. They are out driving on it, they are on the side of the road waving over, they are in the emergency area waiting to come out and get you. The only places I really go above the limit are on 95 and 495. 29 is another bad one. One time saw 7 cops within a matter of 1.5 miles (either pulled someone over or gunning traffic).

Be careful out there!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:17 PM

I live right over there, and let me tell you....never speed. They are almost always there. SOmetimes they sit under every bridge to try to catch the people that think they got away the first time. I hate 100.

Whats up Swan....
Old 08-18-2004, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Aug 18 2004, 01:18 AM
is the v-1 really worth the money that it costs?
I've had mine since '97 or '98 and only had one ticket. The time I got nailed the trooper was pacing the pack of cars I was in on the beltway and pulled me out of the middle of the group - no radar/laser involved. So, I've been very happy with my V-1 the arrows are great!

That said, I'm afraid with the increased use of laser around here the days a radar detector will be useful are numbered. Radar detectors pick up signals when the trooper hits a car in front of you. Laser beams don't tend to bounce off stuff so you don't get the benefit of knowing when the trooper hits the car in front of you. Laser detectors (V-1 has one as well) do tell you when you've been hit, but by then it is too late.

This was the first time that I've noticed the troopers using their laser toys at night. Used to be they only used radar at night and limited the laser to daylight hours. I guess they must be getting more of the laser toys or are getting good enough with them to aim them at night.

Looks like I'll be slowing it down - I've already had one experience getting picked out of a group of speeders. Sure glad we have Fall Colors coming up so I'll be able to open it up soon!!

John
Old 08-18-2004, 08:25 PM

good to know... thanks for the info.... and you got picked out cuase you were probably the only sports car...
Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 AM

The Staties are running a Charcoal Grey or Darm Metallic Blue Ford Expedition on Rte 100. He had a few pulled over yesterday afternoon.

Quick Reply: AM Speed Trap on Hwy 100 in MD