Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow guys! You are spending some rerious time and money this season! ....Rob, your car looks great! Gilly_S2KFreak, you are getting yourself into a lot of money spending....did you graduate? I know you were doing masters in me...
My goal this season is to do 3-4 HPDEs....maybe more, depending on the situation.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NJMP files for bankruptcy --> CLICKY HERE
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Bummer, I think New Jersey is a hard place to run a business in. Regulations, taxes and fees etc.
Originally Posted by dollar
NJMP files for bankruptcy --> CLICKY HERE
Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Oleg,

I'm still in my masters... i just paid off my CC... and had to do my subframe work. from there i found some GREAT deals on KW clubsports.. no point in doing it twice between the beginning and end of the summer. Then i found out i'm going on the dragon... and i REALLY REALLY was scared to continue driving with improper sized tires so the wheels were a good deal for me as well.

the other goodies... er... i overspent when i paid off my CC. valve retainers... Rob scared me to looking into it... which scared me more... i don't know what was done to my car before... i know i've mechanically over rev'd it a few times... the kid before me who owned it had to of killed the thing as he "mountain raced" apparently..

I had to get the spc ball joints because i'm afraid with my new coilovers and tires, i'll need the extra camber.. again might as well do it all now. instead of having to take it all apart again later.

don't remember what else i had... i got my exhaust in december... so that is a sunk cost..

long story short... i should NOT have spent this much money... but considering the amount i should have spent and how much i actually spent... it was a good choice. as my sister-in-law says... its not how much you spend.. its how much you save
Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM

i just got my last parts... got the catch can/coolant overflow part. and the valve retainer kit from HTG. yay
Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I finally got the axle nut off yesterday and swapped out the right rear wheel bearing. I'm getting pretty good at wheel bearing swaps

Hopefully my new RacingBrake rear two-piece rotor big brake kit will keep the wheel bearings from being heat soaked. I just got word from Motorsports Performance Group (MPG) of West Chester PA they'll be shipping the kit in the next day or two. MPG is sponsoring me with RacingBrake front and rear big brake kits. I've been running their Accord caliper/NSX two-piece rotors up front for about the last six months and they're working great. They offer two sizes of rear big brake kits and I'm going with the smaller size to keep the braking balanced. I'll post some pics when I get them installed.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 AM

thats awesome about the brakes Rob! sorry to hear about your "expertise" of wheel bearing swaps...

on a different note... i have no clue how i want to route my catch can for now it will just be sitting in my car, not connected. after i do a bunch more research i'll figure out if i want to weld in -AN bungs to the valve cover... or if i want to just simply connect it to the current pcv valve etc. I need to get my valve cover repowder coated any way... thinking in 3-4 months i'll figure out what to actually do with hose routing. for now...t he supra PCV valve is going in.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robrob
I finally got the axle nut off yesterday and swapped out the right rear wheel bearing. I'm getting pretty good at wheel bearing swaps

Hopefully my new RacingBrake rear two-piece rotor big brake kit will keep the wheel bearings from being heat soaked. I just got word from Motorsports Performance Group (MPG) of West Chester PA they'll be shipping the kit in the next day or two. MPG is sponsoring me with RacingBrake front and rear big brake kits. I've been running their Accord caliper/NSX two-piece rotors up front for about the last six months and they're working great. They offer two sizes of rear big brake kits and I'm going with the smaller size to keep the braking balanced. I'll post some pics when I get them installed.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

There are several ways to run an oil catch can. Some people use the PCV valve line but the larger line that runs from the front of the valve cover to the intake may be a better solution. I have a valve cover with welded in AN fittings on the front face of the cover that I may install next time I need to pull the valve cover.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates on the April 30th Mercedes event at Summit Point? Is registration open?

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread