Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some additional holding power for the track

Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice seats! How much did you get them for? I'm looking to get a set also. Gonna use my F1Specs as game chairs for the sim rig I'm building.

BTW, I've checked the angle on the wing, and right now I have it set at 1.5 deg in the middle and 15.5 on the ends... The best part is, even though it is 67" it seems to be in line with the sides of the car and the roof. It does not stick out past the fenders on the sides and above the roof on the top.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^What about extend beyond the rear of the car. I think that was also part of the requirements.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Olegator
Nice seats! How much did you get them for? I'm looking to get a set also. Gonna use my F1Specs as game chairs for the sim rig I'm building.

BTW, I've checked the angle on the wing, and right now I have it set at 1.5 deg in the middle and 15.5 on the ends... The best part is, even though it is 67" it seems to be in line with the sides of the car and the roof. It does not stick out past the fenders on the sides and above the roof on the top.
They were $1400/seat shipped, extremely pricey. They fit the FD perfectly though.

Seats is to rims, as interior is to exterior. In other words seats are the biggest interior upgrade you can make in appearance and performance. Just like wheels are the biggest exterior upgrade, impacting appearance and performance.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^Agreed. A good seat will make you enjoy the car so much more especially if you are a tall guy that feels very cramped with the OEM seat. You can also feel the car much better and I think it makes you more confident driving. And if I had to choose seat or wheels I'd go with the seat first too. For me it really made that big of a difference.

Does anyone know if some of the reclinable seats much like the ones Metros has posted above fit in the s2000 and sit you significantly lower than the OEM seat? Also keeping in mind they need to fit a bigger guy. 6', 36 waist. I'm not dead set on a bucket is the only way to go but from what I've seen so far it is the way to go for maximum space for someone my size.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Hey guys, those running brake ducts, what size bolts or screws did you use to fasten/secure the flanges to the bumper and to the brake shield? Can you give me any help on this one? Also, if the dust shields are on the car can this be done or do the dust shields need to be removed?
I ended up just riveting all the parts for both the faux bumper ducts and the dust shields. The dust shields were thin enough that I didn't have to remove them from the hubs.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
I missed my S already . Can't wait to see her get fixed up and looking like new.
Haha I bet you do Ron! I was wondering if you were gonna leave it with the battle scars or fix it up when it happened.

Originally Posted by robrob
Originally Posted by clarkster009' timestamp='1323448524' post='21223920
Hey guys, those running brake ducts, what size bolts or screws did you use to fasten/secure the flanges to the bumper and to the brake shield? Can you give me any help on this one? Also, if the dust shields are on the car can this be done or do the dust shields need to be removed?
Take a look at the flange and you'll see what the max size for the nut is. To drill the dust shields in place I'd try a piece of plywood on the backside as support during the drilling.

If you do decide to remove the dust shields here's the how-to (about 3/4 of the way down the page):
http://robrobinette.com/S2000BallJoint.htm
Thanks Rob, good point. I should order the flanges in hand first then make a trip out to the hardware store. If you remove the dust shields (via cutting) is there any way to reinstall? I noticed you purchased brand new ones.

Originally Posted by metros
Those are some awesome seats Jason! Any reason you went with those ones over a FIA approved bucket? Speaking of nice seats, there is a pair of ASM Recaros on the classifieds that I would love to have but can't afford spending $2500 on seats right now

P.S. Doh, I just remembered I hadn't sent your camera bracket back. It is still sitting installed in my car (which I haven't driven since the track day). I'll get it to ya though.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by metros

Those are nice looking buckets. That will be next on my next list, as soon as I lost enough weight of couse.

I wonder what kind of tranny and gearings your RX7 has. Stock, Vette or custom?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

If you remove the dust shields (via cutting) is there any way to reinstall? I noticed you purchased brand new ones.

I bought new ones because I threw away my originals before I decided to duct the brakes. If you cut your dust shield like the on the right below you can install it without removing the hub.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1323632989' post='21228248

Those are nice looking buckets. That will be next on my next list, as soon as I lost enough weight of couse.

I wonder what kind of tranny and gearings your RX7 has. Stock, Vette or custom?
I wanted a seat that wasn't as difficult to get in/out as my previous Mugen seats. I loved those seats but considering I generally only get to the track 2-3x a year the full bucket wasn't worthwhile. I chose these because they looked to have more padding than stiff side bolsters. However, the sides of the lower part of the seat is taller and narrower than I anticipated. The rx7 gives more room to get in/out and these seats are slightly bigger than the mugen s1r were.

Ron - seats haven proven to be my best track modification. You'll be happy with the additional control you'll have from a good seat.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread