Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sebastian Vettel seems to have a GREAT sense of humour --> Video
Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olegator
Yeah, it's GTC-300. I had it set on second setting from very top.... I think it gave me like 7-9 degrees AOA on the edges and 1-3 degrees in the middle.
I can't really access the effects properly without having a data from the track, hence one of the next things I'm trying to pick up would be a GPS/datalogger. My subjective opinion is that it gave me a piece of mind and more confidence.
The only thing that I can tell is that with my HTRZ-3s (10k springs, Whitiline front sway, 9F/8R out of 14 dampening, 31psi hot all four)I was going 122mph before turn 1 and 91mph through turn 4 (shute?) That was with 7/10 effort/concentration.

Thanks for the compliments!
But yeah...next thing for me would be:
R-comp tires
splitter
GPS/datalogger
GoProHD2

Getting Eibach front swaybar in at some point also. It is not solid like Whiteline and less stiff. I want to see if I can get away with it.
Those speeds seem pretty good for non R compound tires.

You should be able to go through 6-9 pretty much flat with that wing and suspension.

I agree with Rob and Skip; you need less AOA or you are slowing yourself down on the straights with too much drag/downforce
Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by dollar
Sebastian Vettel seems to have a GREAT sense of humour --> Video

Very funny!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

just thought that you guys might like this response i got in my "intro to me" thread on iwsti.com:

Welcome to IWSTI. Please read the Stickies, Search, and enjoy the forum!

Nice-looking S2K. It looks familiar, have you ever been to Summit Point for the Cale memorial?

Good luck with the 04, Agile guys are great!

I have not been as you all know, but wanted to this year.... stupid work schedule.

Its amazing that Cale touched so many people and that the memorial has such a profound effect and is known by people i wouldn't have expected.

this person is from Pennsylvania.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
just thought that you guys might like this response i got in my "intro to me" thread on iwsti.com:

Welcome to IWSTI. Please read the Stickies, Search, and enjoy the forum!

Nice-looking S2K. It looks familiar, have you ever been to Summit Point for the Cale memorial?

Good luck with the 04, Agile guys are great!

I have not been as you all know, but wanted to this year.... stupid work schedule.

Its amazing that Cale touched so many people and that the memorial has such a profound effect and is known by people i wouldn't have expected.

this person is from Pennsylvania.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 AM

So I was looking through the info that APR has:
And it looks like GTC-300 AOA difference between middle and ends is 15.2 degrees. I need to remeasure what I have and adjust accordingly.
Skip, let me know how much would you want for datalogger! I'm interested!

Oleg,

Remember that your AOA at a static resting position is not going to be the same as when you are going 80mph.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Pete, are you saying that the wing will deform under stresses during high speed? I'd think that they would test for something like that and mention in the publication, if significant effects were observed.
But if you mean the fact that the airflow will follow the slope of the roofline and will be at an angle to ground than yeah, I'm completely aware of that.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Pete, are you saying that the wing will deform under stresses during high speed? I'd think that they would test for something like that and mention in the publication, if significant effects were observed.
But if you mean the fact that the airflow will follow the slope of the roofline and will be at an angle to ground than yeah, I'm completely aware of that.

More along the lines of your rear suspension will compress as your speed increases with that wing.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Oh, I see!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Oh, I see!

Think of it this way. You are probably setting up AOA in your garage. But the wing is useful and effective when you are going 80+. At that speed you probably have >.5" compression of the rear shocks due to downforce. What looks like 0 AOA at rest is not going to be the same at speed.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread