Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e3opian
Originally Posted by civicguyinva' timestamp='1320789029' post='21139697
Fun fact: I called State Farm to verify they still cover damages to my car from an HPDE event. Not only did they stop covering damages to cars from such events, but their policy is to drop all policy holders who call and say they participate in such events with their car. I thought I'd share in case anyone else was feeling like being open and honest with their car insurance company.
Oh no. Was this an anonymous phone call? Or did you get dropped?
My agent is a friend and she wasn't sure about details like that so she called their corporate claims people. She said it was confusing because HPDE is High Performance, yet.....Driver Education. They demanded to know who the driver was and if they were insured by State Farm. My friend lied to them and said it was just a general question and made it incredibly clear that I should not ask again. Figured I'd share the fun before I start shopping for track insurance for next year.

I switched from Progressive because I had nothing but back luck. I was paying $420/month with very high deductibles for my AP1. With State Farm I am now paying $110 a month for car insurance with 0 deductibles, life insurance, and home owners insurance.

Sorry I know this isn't the insurance thread, but I swear this started as track related! Ok now I'll disappear while you guys talk about things I don't understand yet.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^I asked the same question from a friend that works for state farm. I emphasized that it was driver education, not timed, and included classroom instruction. She said that State Farm would likely cover damages 1x but would likely drop you afterwards.

I still purchase track insurance. It saved my ass once and is worth the additional money for peace of mind IMHO.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Can I ask where you get your track insurance from? I won't need it until next year, but trying to plan ahead.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used these guys 3x or so. http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/

The first time I used them they were pretty much the only company offering it. A few other companies are now offering HPDE insurance as well. Worth shopping around a bit to see if the other companies are any cheaper/have lower deductible.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Friday at the Track appears to be full for HPDE1 November 18th. Anybody want to instruct me?

I'll probably be there instructing.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TubeDriver
Originally Posted by clarkster009' timestamp='1320788250' post='21139654
Friday at the Track appears to be full for HPDE1 November 18th. Anybody want to instruct me?

I'll probably be there instructing because I don't feel like working that particular day.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by metros
^^^I asked the same question from a friend that works for state farm. I emphasized that it was driver education, not timed, and included classroom instruction. She said that State Farm would likely cover damages 1x but would likely drop you afterwards.
Interesting. My state farm agent is a former track guy (Spec E30) who knows all about HPDE because he has done many of 'em himself. He quietly informed me a few years ago that the policy language - in VA anyway - was changing to exclude coverage for any incident "on a racing surface" which meant pace laps, touring laps, and HPDE all would not be covered.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:48 PM

As Sgt. schultz would say," I see nothing!"
I have had home and auto with them since 1985, but have never asked anything & never expected anything regarding the track. At least they have never taken undercover pictures to cancel anyone, that I am aware of. I have never heard of Honda doing that same thing to void warranties either. I have heard of others (both insurance & car manufacturers) doing so.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I might be in the market for an aluminum enclosed trailer. Anyone know of any for sale or good dealers/manufacturers in VA/MD/PA area?

Skip, what size was yours and would you recommend a different size?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM

I usually see good deal popping up on NASA or SCCA FS Forums...

Originally Posted by robrob
I might be in the market for an aluminum enclosed trailer. Anyone know of any for sale or good dealers/manufacturers in VA/MD/PA area?

Skip, what size was yours and would you recommend a different size?

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread