Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do this:

1) front XP10s and rear XP8, fresh fluid.

2) any of the smaller Sparco or Recaro seats fit without much if any mods needed. I like Schroth Harness (willians to but theu tend tobe pretty stiff). I have a G-Force polyprop 5pt in the ReVolvo that also works fine and is pretty cheap.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

As far as the seat thing goes it would have been either my Recaro driver and OEM passenger with the factory belts on both sides or the same seat setup and harnesses on both side. I wouldn't dare go with a bucket and harness for me and not give the passenger at least one of the same.

I guess I need to look for a cheap good seat for the passenger that could be swapped in for track days. I'm not trying to drop the money for another Recaro is something cheaper is just as good/safe considering it wouldn't be in the car full time. Anyone have a good passenger seat recommendation that isn't going to break the bank? My car is also an 06 so the factory seat has some extra sensors and I think the rail design is a tad different.

All this stuff is starting to look real expensive
Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
As far as the seat thing goes it would have been either my Recaro driver and OEM passenger with the factory belts on both sides or the same seat setup and harnesses on both side. I wouldn't dare go with a bucket and harness for me and not give the passenger at least one of the same.

I guess I need to look for a cheap good seat for the passenger that could be swapped in for track days. I'm not trying to drop the money for another Recaro is something cheaper is just as good/safe considering it wouldn't be in the car full time. Anyone have a good passenger seat recommendation that isn't going to break the bank? My car is also an 06 so the factory seat has some extra sensors and I think the rail design is a tad different.

I have a never used, Sparco seat base for the passenger side that in a direct fit bolt in piece that will fit 06+ S2000. I am asking $75 (costs $125 at OG Racing). I also have the driver side (same price) that was mounted but never driven on. The driver side fits on a 05 S2000, not sure it would work for 06+.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 AM

^I'll think about it. Good price so thanks for the heads up. When you say base do you mean the rail? or I'd still need a rail too?

I don't need driver side anything. My recaro has been in the car for months. Just for reference the driver side is the same for all years even the 06+. The rail I got for the driver side said ap1 on the box and it worked no problem.

Also with the seats do they have to be FIA approved?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM

^I'll think about it. Good price so thanks for the heads up. When you say base do you mean the rail? or I'd still need a rail too?

I don't need driver side anything. My recaro has been in the car for months. Just for reference the driver side is the same for all years even the 06+. The rail I got for the driver side said ap1 on the box and it worked no problem.

Also with the seats do they have to be FIA approved?

They don't not have to be FIA approved for HPDE but they do for racing. IMO, I would only get seats that have FIA approval.

They are seat bases, you could just directly mount the passenger seat with side rails to the base. No slider needed.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, I don't think an instructor will complain as long as you have factory belts in the car. It is no different for him than if you had both stock seats...he still has the same adequate protection.

Yep, it gets expensive quick, just wait until you see the costs of track time!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone going to VIR this weekend?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 AM

^That's kind of what I was thinking although I'll be honest the Recaro I have holds you in place 100 times better than the factory seat.

I'm wondering if I should just suck it up and to at least get out put my factory seat back in and just be less comfortable. It's not like I don't fit but my head with a helmet will probably be just about on the roof. I just hate the feeling of sitting so high which is why I love my Recaro. It means I can get on track and not have to spend the money for harnesses or a passenger seat/rail just yet.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 AM

^That's kind of what I was thinking although I'll be honest the Recaro I have holds you in place 100 times better than the factory seat.

I'm wondering if I should just suck it up and to at least get out put my factory seat back in and just be less comfortable. It's not like I don't fit but my head with a helmet will probably be just about on the roof. I just hate the feeling of sitting so high which is why I love my Recaro. It means I can get on track and not have to spend the money for harnesses or a passenger seat/rail just yet.

Do this and get out on the track.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 AM

tracking always is.

As Pete said, put stock seats back in and get to the track.

For HPDE1, ANY car in good mechanical condition even in it's bone stock form will work.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread